Which pizza

2012_taco

This is a loaded topic like the hot dog thread was. People live in different areas. 

For my area, just talking pizza, Trackside all the way. The Village Pizzeria is OK and is a close second, but they aren't consistent.

I am not a fan of Romo's or that pizza joint in the Price Chopper Plaza, I forget the name. Would rather call Dominoes.

best pizza i ever had was from uncle sammys on william and transit.. now i think its a rite aid store.. owner use to slice the toppings on right in front of you and ask if it was enough or not.. was pricy but beat any pizza from any of the top buffalo places imo. i miss that place.. of course transit was 2 lanes back then as well. 

havent had as good a pizza anywhere since..

well as long as you guys are staying upstate pomodoros in catskill is good . when I was growing up  my grand mother had a house in narrowsburg and I spent my summers up there and a guy opened a pizzeria  in town well it tasted funny I said to him whats the stuff on the bottom he said corn meal  so it don't stick.  I told him no in the city they use a rack to crisp up the crust or  semolina so it slides out the oven [ I was like 12 but I knew my stuff about pizza] he changed and it was really good. Also there was a sweet shop so guy owned this guy had the movie house and some other business, so I asked for a egg cream the girl behind the counter said I don't have eggs I said an egg cream has no eggs . On the third try she got it I told her you take you -bet syrup like 2 squirts then milk and then add the seltzer and stir. You know they added it to the menu but still charged me even though I gave them the idea.  

14 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Bay Goodman is still around.  Corner of Winton and Browncroft.  I like cup and char too.  Marks has it. 

Ya we got it sometimes working nights at the firehouse , it’s not the same though , and I think that’s the second B&G since the original closed . Plus something about the possibility of getting robbed coming or going adds a level of excitement to the meal, you just don’t get on Browncroft .

Mozzeroni’s in the Village has Cup and Char as well .

Rob, this thread started out as toppings not places, just drifted that way .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad