Tuning question,again...

BowmanMike

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, moog5050 said:

Hmmmm.   Most people that are familiar with bows know the acronyms.   But for you

Thanks for the lesson but my point was regardless of the topic at hand it seems you need a urban dictionary to get the gist of the conversation wherever you go.:prankster:

49 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Thanks for the lesson but my point was regardless of the topic at hand it seems you need a urban dictionary to get the gist of the conversation wherever you go.:prankster:

Not sure the "urban dictionary" has acronyms for brace height and axle to axle, but ok.

I gotta a agree with Steve. I’ve bow hunted 30years ,owned two bows, don’t adjust, change ,or tinker with them ,dont read bow mags,catalogs or belong to any other hunting forum ,let alone bow forums ,dont shoot 3D or at any range .

I often don’t know what guys are talking about even when they don’t use abbreviations. Lol ( I know that one  ! )

Just now, Stay at home Nomad said:

I gotta a agree with Steve. I’ve bow hunted 30years ,owned two bows, don’t adjust, change ,or tinker with them ,dont read bow mags,catalogs or belong to any other hunting forum ,let alone bow forums ,dont shoot 3D or at any range .

I often don’t know what guys are talking about even when they don’t use abbreviations. Lol ( I know that one  ! )

That's because you are a natural born killer and also have good taste in art work!

On 9/26/2018 at 8:58 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think its physically impossible that your 20 yard pin is dead on at 5 yards. Theres lots of info about it but essentially your arrow goes up and then down

Had to try it out again....cause well a bit anal on the bow shooting lol. Same thing .  One in center bull is 20 yards, one in right side bull is 5 yards.  That's why I just had to try it out last year.  I guess the proof is in the shooting , but dunno why.  But last year same thing 5,10,20 all the same.  Must be how the bow is setup for me. 

IMG_20180928_103434409.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Had to try it out again....cause well a bit anal on the bow shooting lol. Same thing .  One in center bull is 20 yards, one in right side bull is 5 yards.  That's why I just had to try it out last year.  I guess the proof is in the shooting , but dunno why.  But last year same thing 5,10,20 all the same.  Must be how the bow is setup for me. 

IMG_20180928_103434409.jpg

Have you tried at 30-40 yards? I would bet that the arrow would hit a bit left. What kind of rest are you shooting?

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

Have you tried at 30-40 yards? I would bet that the arrow would hit a bit left. What kind of rest are you shooting?

Was testing the theory that you have to use your 30 yard pin for a 5 yard shot.  But my 20 is dead on for everything 20 and under.  I have a 30 and 40 pin and they are dead on for those ranges.  I shoot a biscuit.

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Was testing the theory that you have to use your 30 yard pin for a 5 yard shot.  But my 20 is dead on for everything 20 and under.  I have a 30 and 40 pin and they are dead on for those ranges.  I shoot a biscuit.

Ok. I just re read your post. I was thinking that your 5 yd shot was hitting to the right. But I'm sure that you were aiming to the right. 

I'm still trying to get the cobwebs out of my head with my first cup of coffee. Good shooting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I tested this today.  My arrow was about 1” high with 20yd pin and 1” low with 30yd pin at 5yds.   Either will do just fine. 

• Like 2