Pistols

Xds 9mm

Shield 9mm

Ruger mark ii 22

Japanese Nambu

Glock 43

Kimber stainless 1911

Smith and Wesson body guard 380

I hunt deer, turkey, coyote. I have hunted upland birds on occasion. Im thinking about a lever in 444 marlin. Maybe a Remington 700 in 300 win mag. Or maybe a new coyote rig. Just not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a .45-70? Only thing you are missing is a big bore gun. 444 is ok, but  have better ammo selection with the 45-70. You can hunt ANY medium to big game on the North American continent with it. Just shooting it at the range is an experience.

For pistol, look at a Beretta PX4 Storm full size in .45. Accurate as hell, and even with 230 grain FMJ it recoils only as much as the M9 I carried in the service. Perfect for home defense, or carrying in the woods. 

Oh and P.S the shield is my fav conceal carry pistol, and the Remington 700 is a class act. You, sir, have damn good taste!

Do you prefer the 35 Remington or 30-30 in the 336 for deer?

When it comes to doubles I have always preferred side by sides but recently been pondering an over and under field gun in 20 ga myself. Had a Winchester 12 ga 101 Trap gun many years ago it was my only experience with over and unders, it was ok for it's intended purpose.
I have been looking at used Ruger Red Labels and have been leaning in that direction. Another contender is the new Galazan Connecticut Revelation model (below), American made, has good reviews so far and while not cheap as far as over and unders go it is somewhat affordable.  $1995 - $2500 depending on the wood.
wm_12872723.thumb.jpg.bd305e1b95c2a93c8ef9a61718af9f2f.jpg

My cynergy was a total impulse buy never knew I wanted one until I saw it and bought it. Problem is it’s synthetic and camo and now I want a traditional looking ou!

16 hours ago, Team Hoyt said:

I'm in the same boat. I've got a gift card. And I have a 5 month old son. Would love to buy him a rifle or shotgun. But I don't know what to get him. He already has a .410 I'm just afraid when he gets old enough to hunt they'll have some kind of bs gun laws where he'll never be able to buy a gun

Ruger 10/22

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My cynergy was a total impulse buy never knew I wanted one until I saw it and bought it. Problem is it’s synthetic and camo and now I want a traditional looking ou!

at the UHRV QDMA banquet we get our guns from Whitney's Sporting Goods. They came up with a Tristar O/U that seemed well made and very affordably priced. Never heard of it otherwise. Year before that i think they offered a CZ Mallard. With a room full of deer hunters it's something different that really draws interest.  We'll have another one at the next annual banquet this coming spring.  i always thought an over/under would make a great turkey gun. i'd never get one that didn't look traditional though.

Oh and P.S the shield is my fav conceal carry pistol, and the Remington 700 is a class act. You, sir, have damn good taste!

Do you prefer the 35 Remington or 30-30 in the 336 for deer?

First of thanks. I thought about the 45-70 but it’s seems to be a bit overkill. As far as the 35 rem and the 30/30 it’s tough to say. I just got the 35 and took my first deer with it this year. I did love it though. I can’t tell you exactly how far the deer ran V.S. Slid down the hill but I can tell you it didn’t go far. I think I’m going through a lever gun faze right now which is why I want the 444 but I’m still not really sure what to get

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, chefhunter86 said:

First of thanks. I thought about the 45-70 but it’s seems to be a bit overkill. As far as the 35 rem and the 30/30 it’s tough to say. I just got the 35 and took my first deer with it this year. I did love it though. I can’t tell you exactly how far the deer ran V.S. Slid down the hill but I can tell you it didn’t go far. I think I’m going through a lever gun faze right now which is why I want the 444 but I’m still not really sure what to get

I don't think the 45-70  is overkill compared to the .444...They are both in the same ballpark..

I'd favor the 45/70  because it is a significantly important historical chambering, and  for ammo availability and  a wider selection  of loads...There are quite a few good hunting bullets available in .45 cal  , while  most .44 bullets are designed  for handgun velocities and would tend to overexpand or  even disintegrate at .444 velocities... The only suitable hunting bullet I can think of  for the .444 is the 265 grainer that was designed for that cartridge...There is a pretty good selection of 45/70 bullets from  300 to 500 grains...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Lawdwaz had a dandy for sale on this forum  just a couple of months ago and almost had to give it away...

Not sure how i missed that one, i have my eyes on a kimber montana in 257. Just need to dump a couple rifles that i dont use much before i can justify another rifle.

Not sure how i missed that one, i have my eyes on a kimber montana in 257. Just need to dump a couple rifles that i dont use much before i can justify another rifle.

It’s interesting you say that I kind of had a fight with the wife last night. She says I have too many guns and too much ammo. She says I should limit my self to buying 1 a year and I should think about selling some before I buy more. Let’s just say my reaction was not what she was expecting. I told her why don’t I sell you instead. She did. Not find it funny.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

It’s interesting you say that I kind of had a fight with the wife last night. She says I have too many guns and too much ammo. She says I should limit my self to buying 1 a year and I should think about selling some before I buy more. Let’s just say my reaction was not what she was expecting. I told her why don’t I sell you instead. She did. Not find it funny.

It would be great if you could trade them in every couple years for a newer model 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

My wife is actually the one encouraging me to buy it for myself for xmas, this way its one less gift she needs to worry about buying...lol...but im the type of guy that hates having things around that are not being used.  Id just rather sell a couple before i bring another one home.

23 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yea I agree maybe even for a late 90’s model
Wouldn’t that be something

Word, I have always listened when older guys were giving out advice, not one of them ever said, hey kid, one day your going to wake up laying next to a naked 56 year old woman!!!! WTF? 

My wife is actually the one encouraging me to buy it for myself for xmas, this way its one less gift she needs to worry about buying...lol...but im the type of guy that hates having things around that are not being used.  Id just rather sell a couple before i bring another one home.

I can’t bring my self to sell them, I mean I guess I wouldn’t have too many rifles in the same caliber. Handguns on the other hand I do. I just enjoy them all