New world record non typical

rob-c

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You don’t need to worry about it. It is out of your comfort range, off a really windy parkway and the hunting really heats up at last legal light. I drive home in the dark!?!?

Keeping walking those hiking trails...you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are bigger ones on the other side of the country btw .

Edited by Storm914

You are not allowed to disagree!!! He knows how I think!
Grampy said it right a while back, but since I’m bored this is an easy group to play with.

Easy group that makes you the easiest in the group. This decent buck (Your Biggest)was you reward for letting the meat walk after sitting in a tree that others have shot big bucks out of. If that's your biggest I guess that explains some of it.

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I don’t like to fly.

But don't you live in dutchess county no deer up there ?

Why would you travel all the way to  hunt Westchester  that has no gun or crossbow season Then ? If not to try and shoot a giant buck .

That doesn't make much sense .

Edited by Storm914

10 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Easy group that makes you the easiest in the group. This decent buck (Your Biggest)was you reward for letting the meat walk after sitting in a tree that others have shot big bucks out of. If that's your biggest I guess that explains some of it.

Yea he comes to bow only Westchester from dutchess county for meat  :)

Edited by Storm914

6 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah most guys going out meat hunting let that first nice doe walk on by with that tag still in their pocket with the hope that they are lucky enough to see another. Whatever. Sssssspin!

Who said nice doe ,YOU said FIRST doe ,im guessing this is the why you have so many problems communicating with others, you either don't remember what you wrote or you have trouble reading and writing ,but ya keep blaming others for your inability to communicate properly .   

Just now, crappyice said:

Drumroll please.....WRONG AGAIN!

What a waste of a drumroll- we all knew that!

Dude I really don't care if you hunt for trophys or meat ?

But the way you are talking makes me think you like going after the trophys more then you want to admit.  How long do you keep your bow before you change it ?

7 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

A meat hunter is going to take the first legal meat that walks by. A meat hunter is not hunting to pick and choose. He said he was rewarded for letting that doe walk. And he was rewarded with the antlers he went out there looking to kill. To add that 2 of his buddies killed bigger bucks in the very tree he chose to sit in tells the whole story. One can try and spin it any way they like but at the end it all comes back to the same Thing. Antlers. If you have not noticed. Everything in my world is Large.

"everything in my world is large" - mostly your ego! 

Its a winter day - I'll play - lol 

What cracks me up is the 1% like you dont get it at all - we dont hunt for meat or the horns.  If i hunted for just meat its cheaper to buy it at the market - if i hunted for horns its cheaper to buy sheds online.  

I hunt cause my Dad took me out hunting with him at 8 years old.  We saw a bear and i was hooked for the rest of my life.  I hunt because we used to go to hunting camp and play cards and drink beers at night and laugh til we cried.  I hunt because i can sit in the woods and enjoy it even if I never saw a deer.  I hunt because me and my hunting buddies will get together and swap stories and tall tales.  I hunt because the buddies and family that has passed that i used to hunt with sure would want me to be out there.  I hunt because its far more enjoyable than shopping online to get horns or go to Walmart. And i hunt because it has always seemed like i should be and i really enjoy the chase and my legs still get the shakes when a doe or a buck walks in.   

And then i also like venison and i even enjoy cooking and sharing the meat with friends and family and even enjoy a piece of breakfast sausage every weekend and know that i was successful this season.  And i like to put antlers on the wall and talk about the one i got and the ones that got away and all the stories in between.  

I feel bad for you that you miss out on all of this and sit there stroking your antlers. Doesnt sound like much fun to me at all.  Esp when you can look at them all day in a pen at work. You seem to think we are all so jealous of you but i actually feel a little bad for you.  And yes i already know your response ,,,,,,,,, dont feel bad for me , I'm the man etc etc.  Good for you.  Enjoy what you will but your missing out - just trust me on this one.  It has very little to with antlers or meat and thats not hard for 99% of us to see.    

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dude I really don't care if you hunt for trophys or meat ?
But the way you are talking makes me think you like going after the trophys more then you want to admit.  How long do you keep your bow before you change it ?

Wrong theory again....I shoot the Craze(I think)-Mission line Matthews(that’s their discount line from what I understand) (NAP thunderheads too cuz they come in 5 packs for under $30 usually and can be reused or replaced with cheap replacement blades!) and have since I really started bow hunting in 2003 (approx). First bow was a used number from some dude at work. I did put new strings on it this season and replaced the whisker biscuit.....what conclusion will you draw from that? Or is it time for you to say, “this guy is F’ed up and doesn’t fit in any of my little warped categories I created based on faulty info?”

It all depends on where and how you hunt , 

But I would be willing to bet most guys are  putting in more time and money into hunting Then the cost of that meat if you just bought it in the store .

So to say it's just about (meat) I find disingenuous to say the least. 

Edited by Storm914

What cracks me up is the 1% like you dont get it at all - we dont hunt for meat or the horns.  If i hunted for just meat its cheaper to buy it at the market - if i hunted for horns its cheaper to buy sheds online.  
I hunt cause my Dad took me out hunting with him at 8 years old.  We saw a bear and i was hooked for the rest of my life.  I hunt because we used to go to hunting camp and play cards and drink beers at night and laugh til we cried.  I hunt because i can sit in the woods and enjoy it even if I never saw a deer.  I hunt because me and my hunting buddies will get together and swap stories and tall tales.  I hunt because the buddies and family that has passed that i used to hunt with sure would want me to be out there.  I hunt because its far more enjoyable than shopping online to get horns or go to Walmart. And i hunt because it has always seemed like i should be and i really enjoy the chase and my legs still get the shakes when a doe or a buck walks in.   
And then i also like venison and i even enjoy cooking and sharing the meat with friends and family and even enjoy a piece of breakfast sausage every weekend and know that i was successful this season.  And i like to put antlers on the wall and talk about the one i got and the ones that got away and all the stories in between.  
I feel bad for you that you miss out on all of this and sit there stroking your antlers. Doesnt sound like much fun to me at all.  Esp when you can look at them all day in a pen at work. You seem to think we are all so jealous of you but i actually feel a little bad for you.  And yes i already know your response ,,,,,,,,, dont feel bad for me , I'm the man etc etc.  Good for you.  Enjoy what you will but your missing out - just trust me on this one.  It has very little to with antlers or meat and thats not hard for 99% of us to see.    

He DISAGREES and you are WRONG!

Very well said and similar to, yet more eloquently stated, one of my early posts about why I do it-1.experience, 2. Meat; 3. Bone. The hang up is on my 2-3 order-MY thinking is a lie and incorrect.
(#ForSureWhatever#—a lot of my MS kids say that when they can’t get their way!)

the experience is lost on some. Not to say guys who are truly “bone-first guys” don’t have the same love of the experience-I know many who do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Wrong theory again....I shoot the Craze(I think)-Mission line Matthews(that’s their discount line from what I understand) (NAP thunderheads too cuz they come in 5 packs for under $30 usually and can be reused or replaced with cheap replacement blades!) and have since I really started bow hunting in 2003 (approx). First bow was a used number from some dude at work. I did put new strings on it this season and replaced the whisker biscuit.....what conclusion will you draw from that? Or is it time for you to say, “this guy is F’ed up and doesn’t fit in any of my little warped categories I created based on faulty info?”

No conclusion my point is only that  more then likely most spent more time and money on hunting gear then the meat is actually worth  if you just bought it in a store .

Let me ask you this did you process that deer by yourself or did you pay someone to do it ? Just another expense see what I mean .

It all depends on where and how you hunt , 
But I would be willing to bet most guys are  putting in more time and money into hunting Then the cost of that meat if you just bought it in the store .
So to say it's just about (meat) I find disingenuous to say the least. 

Anybody know how to do that “bang head” gif thingy?!?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That is  the point I was kinda of trying to make it's about the hunting part first . It's just fun to HUNT!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

No conclusion my point is only that  more then likely most spent more time and money on hunting gear then the meat is actually worth  if you just bought it in a store .

Let me ask you this did you process that deer by yourself or did you pay someone to do it ? Just another expense see what I mean .

its also just as sad that you try to put a price on meat taken.  How much per pound do you think it was worth when TF was sitting with his daughter and she got her first deer?  (sorry to include you here Jay but that pic and story of how happy and proud you were was a winner! ) 

put a price on that ...... its just as bad a saying how much were those horns - you do realize you and FSW are looking at it exactly the same .... just the difference is an anatomical part of the deer....

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

Head to the “Live from the butcher block” thread.

• Thanks 1