Academy 2019

sodfather

I guess the technique is to fill the tub and float a bare shaft ,the idea is that the spine will be the part highest in the water.
Oh well then that doesn't do me any good. All my shafts have the inserts installed already.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You guys getting way into it!! I buy arrows and not the $100 per 6 ones, more like the $60 for a dozen ones, take em home and shoot them. If any consistently don't fly good they get excommunicated. The rest all hit a 2 inch bull out to 40 and go kill deer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Jeremy did you make that spine tester or buy it? Looks like a sweet setup.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I made that one ,the idea was to incorporate the base into a work bench ,from there I wanted to be able to switch between the stuff for checking spine and the stuff to cut arrows.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I made that one ,the idea was to incorporate the base into a work bench ,from there I wanted to be able to switch between the stuff for checking spine and the stuff to cut arrows.

I have never gone as far as checking actual spine and indexing for spine.  I limit it to indexing the BH so that it is always point up when fletched and nocked.  Do you see a difference and how far out of spine are most commercial arrows?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have never gone as far as checking actual spine and indexing for spine.  I limit it to indexing the BH so that it is always point up when fletched and nocked.  Do you see a difference and how far out of spine are most commercial arrows?

The 6 I just did for Jay, one of the nocks needed to be turned maybe 15 degrees. With this way at least you get the strong sides lined up Instead of having a couple that are 180 off from the rest . I've never done any kind of testing to verify any accuracy over a group of arrows that haven't been checked . It was just fun to make and only takes a few seconds per arrow to check.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sodfather said:

I shot a 288 at 60pounds , Jeremy K around 270 I think, TF was at 245 I think , Lawdz 250ish and Arcade was 220’s I think . 

Throw up the bow and arrow specs.  As one that chrono-ed compounds all the time several years ago, the curiosity is killing me. 

23 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Now I need to Chrono my bow! I'm pulling 70lbs+

My obsession phoenix that grampy now owns was hitting 273-74 with a 520g arrow at 82lbs.  My current PSE Evolve is almost identical with the same arrow at 71lbs.   Seems like most of the newer bows are flat out fast.  Oh and 28" DL.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

You guys getting way into it!! I buy arrows and not the $100 per 6 ones, more like the $60 for a dozen ones, take em home and shoot them. If any consistently don't fly good they get excommunicated. The rest all hit a 2 inch bull out to 40 and go kill deer.

Where’s the fun in that?? I actually stopped hunting with high end shafts as I see no need for it but I still build expensive 3D arrows (although there is no need for it lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

My obsession phoenix that grampy now owns was hitting 273-74 with a 520g arrow at 82lbs.  My current PSE Evolve is almost identical with the same arrow at 71lbs.   Seems like most of the newer bows are flat out fast.
How the hell is grampy pulling 82lbs? I would love to get 90lb limbs. My arrows would be like heat seeking missiles

What else? Bow model? Arrow weight, draw length? Online calculators get pretty close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2012 or 13 elite Hunter 28 inch draw I believe. I'd have to weigh my arrows though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

How the hell is grampy pulling 82lbs? I would love to get 90lb limbs. My arrows would be like heat seeking missiles

We changed limbs.  He is around 50 or just under if I recall.  I had a 90lb elite judge.  Was not as fast as the other 2 mentioned above.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

RE: spining arrows           That was a major buzz years back in the golf club (shaft) business    A 100 shaft to get spined would cost another 100$    BUT the leaders of the top end shafts you'd pay $350 -500 and they weren't spined. Big mumble jumble money grab IMO

My clubs are in the tub right now, will report findings.

Findings: Im getting a divorce

• Like 3
  • Haha 2