Academy 2019

sodfather

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I shot 1 400 and hit 249  1 350 and got 236  1 more 400 and 249 again other day

yesterday 1 400 and 249 again

spine and weight are 2 different things.  I assume you are talking spine. If tuned correctly, weight should be the only factor TF and yes generally lower spine is heavier but not always.

• Like 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

I'll also pick it up and still bang bulls at 50 yards. Just luckily naturally talented in the shooting sports

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I can do the same not shoot my bow for months and pick it up and shoot a bull with first shot. Kinda kills the theory compounds are way harder than crossbows. Maybe just for some folks.......

never bothered with knowing speed. figure a well tuned bow's speed is as good as it'll be whether you like it or not. now that my arrow saw has come in, straightness will be easier to work on without bugging a local shop. spin it and cut wobbly end (run out) a little at a time on whichever end needs it. now a .006" straight arrow is a .002" straight arrow for less money. i square shafts and inserts with a tool. idc who you are a saw can't cut them perfectly square. nock end squared too. i weigh them and separate them too with a frankfort arsenal digital scale. points and heads weighed too. i don't spine arrows but tune arrow by shooting it. while doing so to get POI and all that good assuming i can by doing things like turning nock.  after i've exhausted that effort and butchered a plumb bob string i mark a line for "up" on the arrows so that when i fletch them i'm keeping the orientation. doesn't make a different with mechanicals but makes well spinning fixed blade heads fly well.

I'll also pick it up and still bang bulls at 50 yards. Just luckily naturally talented in the shooting sports

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I’ve never shot at 50yds but I do agree that’s it way easier than people pretend it to be. I hadn’t shot in 10 months and was perfectly fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ve never shot at 50yds but I do agree that’s it way easier than people pretend it to be. I hadn’t shot in 10 months and was perfectly fine

I think the hard part of bow hunting for me was not the shooting it was learning how to get deer close enough to shoot. I was self taught and had hunted gun since I was 12. Started bow early 20's. What a fricking learning experience lol!!

I think the hard part of bow hunting for me was not the shooting it was learning how to get deer close enough to shoot. I was self taught and had hunted gun since I was 12. Started bow early 20's. What a fricking learning experience lol!!

Shotgun only county for me so all deer shot were under 50 yards except one. Not much difference with xbow or compound. Only once I had a bow buck out range. 50-60 yards walking thru that i had to pass. Otherwise every other doe or buck I’ve seen during archery was a makeable shot

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Shotgun only county for me so all deer shot were under 50 yards except one. Not much difference with xbow or compound. Only once I had a bow buck out range. 50-60 yards walking thru that i had to pass. Otherwise every other doe or buck I’ve seen during archery was a makeable shot

I grew up hunting the Dacks with my Grandpa. I was lucky to see a deer every few days and rifle hunted. Pop Blinds were not even thought of back then and tree stands were just starting. So getting bow close to a skittish Dack deer on the ground was rough. I started hunted southern-tier soon after and just the amount of deer and occurrences sped up the curve.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

I grew up hunting the Dacks with my Grandpa. I was lucky to see a deer every few days and rifle hunted. Pop Blinds were not even thought of back then and tree stands were just starting. So getting bow close to a skittish Dack deer on the ground was rough. I started hunted southern-tier soon after and just the amount of deer and occurrences sped up the curve.

Yup. I never had a ground blind until a few years ago. My dad told me he once 9 years between seeing bucks upstate on public land in the 1970’s.

• Like 1