Recommended Posts

Down here in Chemung county we justngot slammed  by rolling thunderstorms.. 

Creek behind the house went from dry to almost 4 feet in a little over an hour . 2 more feet until it's over the banks again . 

One year and a day from this

20180814_065102.jpg

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guess we got lucky . Water came just short of coming over the banks last night about midnight . On the way back down this morning .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep that was quite the storm we had , had a tornado watch here in Campbell . Looks like the area of county route 1 over the hill to Addison got hit hard and about 2000 homes/businesses lost power in painted post area. 

Edited by rob-c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rob-c said:

had a tornado watch here in Campbell

Heading west on I-86 toward Campbell last evening around 6:15 we saw this starting to form. Thankfully it didn't develop much further.

Pic was from Painted Post. Might have been near overhead to you, Rob.

IMG_8339.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Heading west on I-86 toward Campbell last evening around 6:15 we saw this starting to form. Thankfully it didn't develop much further.

Pic was from Painted Post. Might have been near overhead to you, Rob.

IMG_8339.jpg

Yeah we were on pins and needles there for a bit . It was looking pretty ominous for a bit . 

Edited by rob-c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Yep that was quite the storm we had , had a tornado watch here in Campbell . Looks like the area of county route 1 over the hill to Addison got hit hard and about 2000 homes/businesses lost power in painted post area. 

Any details on CR 1, Rob...??   Perhaps I should take an alternate route on my way to the legion this afternoon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Any details on CR 1, Rob...??   Perhaps I should take an alternate route on my way to the legion this afternoon....

According to the scanner they had multiple trees down as well as high tension wires. I know they started cleaning up last night, if I had to guess I would think they would have it open today . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No rain here North of the 104 Corridor ! Could use some rain though . 



97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Heading west on I-86 toward Campbell last evening around 6:15 we saw this starting to form. Thankfully it didn't develop much further.

Pic was from Painted Post. Might have been near overhead to you, Rob.

IMG_8339.jpg

Yikes! It probably went over my camp! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.