Gonna join the Smoke(less)pole club

buffalojay83

18 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

Well, I've been looking to extend my season some and have been looking at a CVA Accura V2 LR Nitride with a thumbhole stock a comes w/ Konus Pro 3 10x44 scope.  Just looking on any reviews from you guy's n girls that may have shot one of these and what bullet you'd recommend.  Thanks for any info! 

I had an accura. Sold it to go traditional, but it was a great rifle.

• buffalojay83 changed the title to Gonna join the Smoke(less)pole club

That ML has great reviews. I always think that a package scope that comes on gun just ok but upon reading reviews on yours all great news.  My ml has been primary firearm for regular gun for many years. Do not bring loaded ( without primer of course) from vehicle into warm house / garage or you may get some condensation in powder charge causing a hangfire or only primer to go bang . I had both happen a few years ago despite putting piece of tape over end of barrel. Now I’m going to load and unload every hunt. Enjoy your new shooter 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

took my first deer with a muzzleloader last year.  Good luck.  Mine is prob my most accuratte and comfortable gun that i have.  But i just cant seem to carry it yet for the whole gun season, i like that second shot too much. 

Same here and I cant remember the last time I needed a second shot on a deer. I may have taken it, but I didnt need it lol

• Like 1

Bought that exact package. I ended up switching out the scope for a Nikon as I wasn't a fan of how busy the reticle is on the Konus. As for performance, it's been great. I shoot 100gr. of 777 with AeroTip Powebelts into 1.5" @ 100 yards. I'm sure I could get a better group if I played with the propellant and sabot combos, but my current setup has killed a few deer. So why mess with it?

• Like 1