New to this whole plot thing.

Been a lurker for a bit on here. Decided to join in on the fun. I'm brand new to the food plot thing but luckily have a really great situation. I'm a caretaker on a large piece of land and I got the owner to invest in some equipment and the necessary materials to put in roughly 10 acres of plots.

1. About 1 acre that's WTI Oats Plus.
  2. 3.5 acres of WTI Fusion
  3. 4 acres of WTI Vision
  4. .25 acres of WTI Edge
  5. .25 acres of WTI No Plow
  6. 1.75 acres of WTI Tall Tine Tubers

I've bee working on these since March. Taking fields and working with the discs to really turn the ground. It's been grass fields for the 4 years I've been up here doing this. Spraying , RoundUp, liming, fertilizing and then No-til drilling the seeds. Progress on my two largest plots is slow. Got them planted 9/7 and then suffered with no rain for almost 2 weeks! So they are slow growing. The other plots I got in middle of August and they are plugging along. Limed early spring and then fertilized at the beginning of August. 

Anyone that's got any advice on ensuring success I'd be glad to have it. I'll post a few pics and then add more to the thread as the season goes. 

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marsala-man said:

All set up for the youth hunt. My son should have a great chance for a deer. I jumped 8 of them last night taking a a ride around the place. 

IMG_2703[1].JPG

Out of likes.best of luck to you and your son.looking forward to the hero pics!!!!

Edited by doebuck1234