The X Games meets Hunting

moog5050

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My first professional job was 2008 and it was a scary time. One day i came into work (Paul Hastings at that time) and by lunch time 75% of the floor had been laid off. I wasn't, probably because I was so young and making no money lol. Things were so bad we kept asking our landlord to lower our nyc rent or we'd move out and he had to keep lowering it. But yea, if someone could guarantee me a 10% return every year right now going forward i would gladly sign up. The "rule of 72" says you double your money every 7.2 (really 7.3 years) when you get 10% return.

I represented a considerable number of folks that were on the verge of retiring or retired that lost 1/2 of their savings due to imprudent investment advice during that 2008 year.  Felt bad for them.  But we did recover a good portion back.  I would happily sign up for 10% from now until I retire.  I just think that's being a bit too optimistic.

• Like 1

I represented a considerable number of folks that were on the verge of retiring or retired that lost 1/2 of their savings due to imprudent investment advice during that 2008 year.  Felt bad for them.  But we did recover a good portion back.  I would happily sign up for 10% from now until I retire.  I just think that's being a bit too optimistic.
And then you pocketed an excellent 45% return from what they won

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And then you pocketed an excellent 45% return from what they won

Kidding me? Moog won't even take the cap off blue flair marker pen unless the success fee premium is in excess of 70% of the settlement.

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ahhh I underestimated his admirable greed as a lawyer. You just gained 10 points in my book@moog5050

I only ask to be paid a fair day's wage for a fair hour of work.  Kidding of course.  I am a simple paid by the hour service provider.

Edited by moog5050

I agree 10% plus may not be obtainable for, long term these days .  However my Windsor 2 , which I don’t consider aggressive ( yet I’ve held  it since ‘81 when I was more aggressive.....) has a 7.4 five year average return and a, ytd of 18%. my other vanguard  fund is 60% Stocks 40% bonds and has an average return of 6.7 with almost half of it being in bonds .

We’re as much about protecting  assets as long term growth right now , not trying to hit home runs any more, just keeping the line moving . So those numbers are right around our target at this stage of our life .

If you want I can get you 50% return a year , I’ll need a minimum of $250k cash to set it up , tell your buddies , but they’ll  have to hurry .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I agree 10% plus may not be obtainable for, long term these days .  However my Windsor 2 , which I don’t consider aggressive ( yet I’ve held  it since ‘81 when I was more aggressive.....) has a 7.4 five year average return and a, ytd of 18%. my other vanguard  fund is 60% Stocks 40% bonds and has an average return of 6.7 with almost half of it being in bonds .

We’re as much about protecting  assets as long term growth right now , not trying to hit home runs any more, just keeping the line moving . So those numbers are right around our target at this stage of our life .

If you want I can get you 50% return a year , I’ll need a minimum of $250k cash to set it up , tell your buddies , but they’ll  have to hurry .

The elusive 50% 12-month CD?

• 1 month later...
Fun Fact: when the DOW is up 15% for the calendar year through 10/31, it has continued to rise on average 5.5% for the final 2 months every single time in history since 1954.

Stay woke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Baby Jesus a lot has changed in 2 months. 30-40% gains for most people in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweet Baby Jesus a lot has changed in 2 months. 30-40% gains for most people in 2020.

I just found my penny jar under the front porch (movie reference?) and will be bringing it to the GTG for a you to turn into three college tuitions that start in three years!!!! You can do it!!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm sitting at 31%; my small cap money held me back. But, I'll take 31% any day. Heck, even one-year I'm at 16% with the horrible end to 18.

Looking at what's available in my company funds, I don't think I could have hit 40. Perfection would have been 34.3% all in on a large cap.

I'm sitting at 31%; my small cap money held me back. But, I'll take 31% any day. Heck, even one-year I'm at 16% with the horrible end to 18.
Looking at what's available in my company funds, I don't think I could have hit 40. Perfection would have been 34.3% all in on a large cap.

Yup! I’m about the same. 31% YTD, but 33% prior 12 rolling.