new hunting camp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Enduro,

Nice pictures the place is great. Is it 20x24? That is what my place is (here is a picture.) Did you do a loft? I have a loft above the kitchen and bedroom, best thing I ever did. Makes the inside much bigger. Good luck. I have interior picts of my place if you would like to see. Did the whole place in shiplap and had the floor and kitchen, bath cabinets custom made by a local guy.

post-211-131455366329_thumb.jpg

My place is on the grid. Had the lines put in underground. REA electric cost me about 55 bucks a month, can't beat it. We have a well at 170'. It was dream of mine to have a place like this and it finally came true. On the far side where you can't see there is a 14x20 shed that looks just like the cabin!

Awesome!...wish we had electric. Hav a generator but only run it on coassion. propane (stove, instantaneous hot water heater and lights), 12 volt (lights, water pump). so we have a shower and flush toilet and charge the 12 volt with solar panels. nice but wish we had electric. We are 1 mile off the hard road with the cabin so it isn't practical.

Something you will always remember. I had help too and I never forget the ones at hunting season, they get first pick at stands. It also was a great way to

meet people of the community and give them business. I just love the place and the town it is in!

They both look great!  Love the way they look.  I'm sure you guys really did enjoy putting it all together yourselves.  I'm sure it takes time to finish something like that but I could just imagine putting one together and all the thoughts and memories that run through your head while building it.  Exciting.  Good luck and enjoy

Thanks Faigame, Bigbuck we have the same layout! Bath is behind the kitchen. We heat with a gas stove which does a nice job but I have an electric heater in the bath when it gets real cold, below 20 with wind. All the plumbing is back there and I had the cold water line freeze one night. I sent you a message about the plumbing check it out.

• 3 weeks later...