First Light Solitude

8 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Ooooooh I like that Jacket, has a built in chest muff!

Right! I like the safety harness slot in back as well. Looks like nice stuff.

https://www.firstlite.com/products/mens-solitude-bib

https://www.firstlite.com/products/mens-solitude-jacket?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=3415463624804&pr_ref_pid=3415463460964&pr_seq=uniform

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

If I'm not blown away by the almost 400$ KUIU down pants, I'll take the 7.50 shipping and send them back.  I just wanted something ultra warm that wasn't a massive pain to pack in like my old Remington bibs are.  These bibs might be contenders.....

Edited by UpStateRedNeck

22 minutes ago, Fletch said:

i don't have this one but after going to a jacket for late season with the safety harness slot idk how you make a jacket without it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t have any of their outer gear pieces, but their sweaters and first layers are all very well made and warm!  I have looked at the Sanctuary jacket, but I already have a very very warm Cabelas MT050 jacket that I love and is only 2 years old.  I could use an archery jacket for the 30-50 temps though! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my gear in last week so when I got home Friday night I put it all on to test the fit. After I confirmed I liked the fit of both bibs and jacket tags off and into the wash. I wore them both Sat and Sunday and it was 13 Sunday morning.I am very pleased so far with the comfort, quietness and warmness. I am really not liking the pants not having regular slash pockets and am trying to reorganize where I put stuff but I will live lol.

Love the slot for my safety strap, will never understand why ANY company would not have this on all jackets. The zipper openings on the sides of jacket open to slide your hands into a hand warmer pocket on the bibs is very nice. And the functionality of the hood is great. I usually take hoods right off and never use. This one is cut and has a pull cord to from the hood so it does not impede side vision and moves with your head. Both legs on bibs have full zippers down the side that I opened up while walking in to keep cool.

I did go through some briars and the pants did not pull any snags. Will see how they continue to hold up. I will update after more use but so far I am happy.

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Love the slot for my safety strap, will never understand why ANY company would not have this on all jackets.

How easy is it to put on your harness and then slip the tether through the slot in the jacket?  And then each time you pull your jacket off you have to start over?

IE taking a dump? Peeling off a layer of clothing etc?

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

How easy is it to put on your harness and then slip the tether through the slot in the jacket?  And then each time you pull your jacket off you have to start over?

IE taking a dump? Peeling off a layer of clothing etc?

I always pack my top jacket in to stand so once I get there i put it through before putting jacket on. Not too difficult but yea if you take jacket off and on a lot it may be a PITA.

27 minutes ago, Fletch said:

So I got my gear in last week so when I got home Friday night I put it all on to test the fit. After I confirmed I liked the fit of both bibs and jacket tags off and into the wash. I wore them both Sat and Sunday and it was 13 Sunday morning.I am very pleased so far with the comfort, quietness and warmness. I am really not liking the pants not having regular slash pockets and am trying to reorganize where I put stuff but I will live lol.

Love the slot for my safety strap, will never understand why ANY company would not have this on all jackets. The zipper openings on the sides of jacket open to slide your hands into a hand warmer pocket on the bibs is very nice. And the functionality of the hood is great. I usually take hoods right off and never use. This one is cut and has a pull cord to from the hood so it does not impede side vision and moves with your head. Both legs on bibs have full zippers down the side that I opened up while walking in to keep cool.

I did go through some briars and the pants did not pull any snags. Will see how they continue to hold up. I will update after more use but so far I am happy.

How did bibs fit?  True to size?  That was the one issue I had with first lite.  The bibs I ordered in xxxl where smaller than most xxl bibs I own.

I am 6'2" and about 220# I ordered XL and they fit well. I am a layer guy so I wear 2-3 layers under it so a wicking, a thermal and if needed a 3rd fleece layer. I left tags on until I wore around for a bit as you can return for different size.

Edited by Fletch