Anybody ever Robinhood?

Doewhacker

Hehe.. I got one of my wife's nice new arrows the other night at 30 yards. There goes about $10 worth of arrow. I am betting it happens with carbon arrows alot more than aluminum as I only came close once before in all my years shooting aluminum. This was our first night shooting together this year, usually we take turns due to crazy kids, this time we went out after they went to bed. You guys ever ruin arrows like that?

post-37-131455304984_thumb.jpg

Did it twice.

Both times with big fat alums so it didn't set me back too much.

They "flower" a lot better than carbons IMO and just look much prettier at a fraction of the cost! :P  That was a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually got one during my very first shooting session after getting my first compound.  Thought it was the coolest thing ever. I still have the arrows. That was with my PSE Thunderbolt and aluminum arrows.  I got maybe two more after that with that bow.  But like Doc said, I quickly realized it was expensive.  I've only gotten one with carbon arrows.  I try to shoot a different bullseyes. 

The first one I got was with my recurve,now after many years and many ruined arrows,I place little red dots spread out  on my targets and do not shoot for groups any more,try to hit the dots.More so when shooting broadheads.

Got one when I bought my bow I was shooting two different bows (Redhead Kronik/ Fred Bear Lights Out) going back and forth trying to get a feel for them and make up my mind.  I took one more round with each of the two bows and then i shot a robin hood with one and I said I'll take that one lol, the bow tech. gave me the arrows and everything.  As I was in the process of checking out the floor manager walked up to me and asked if they were my arrows or the stores I was going to lie to him and tell him they were mine for fear that he would rob me of my first robin hood, but I told him the truth and his response shocked me, "Good", he said, " I wouldn't want you to ruin your arrows, your taking those home right?"  From that day on been making all my big purchases at Bass Pro. 

CNY