Rage 2 Blade

eagle rider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen tests that people have done with the Rage, purposely letting them open at the shot or fly with 1 blade open. They will tend to be a little noisy, but the general concensus is, they wont be thrown off target. The most commonly used trick that I have heard of though, is to tie them with a piece of dental floss.

We replace the orings right out of a new pack. Don't know what temperature conditions, the packs were stored in, or the age of them and like was mentioned above, some were bad not long ago. As far as tape is concerned, would they tend to change the weight,and be as accurate?

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

you must have thickfoam or something in your quiver head.. mechanicals work best if just the tip is resting on a piece of rubber . the hood should cover the blades not foam. i have used a hip and quickrelease quiver with them and no problems with them opening......

I have used tape to keep them closed while practicing as i can never seem to find the small extra rubberbands and they have always been fine dont know if they opened in flight but always flew and hit well best i can do for ya...Ron

vietvet50 go to the hardware store and ask for o-rings you will find them the pluming department.

hunting18...... i checked the manual and 3 blades are legal in new york the law stipulates that a broadhead must have 2 blades or more and be 7/8 of a inch or over found on page 24 of your hunting manual.

Its been discussed before, and it seems they are not legal.

bowhunter70...... sorry i guess i wasnt actually specifically refering to rage which use o-rings i have used mechanicals with the small rubber bands and i guess i was leary of using the o-rings as they are thicker than the small rubberbands but thanks a bunch i appreciate it. i actually use muzzy 3 blades and grim reapers.

hunting18...... i checked the manual and 3 blades are legal in new york the law stipulates that a broadhead must have 2 blades or more and be 7/8 of a inch or over found on page 24 of your hunting manual.

The Rage 3 is ILLEGAL ........because of the way the blades don't retract ! Check it out with any DEC officer

kinda funny that some of the dec officers must have a problem woth interpretation also im not the only one behind the curve ball why the difference between the 3 and 2 blade im just asking

Is true, its unfortunate that the DEC doesn't have an "official" stance on this in the books. It makes it so confusing.