Skull Hooker

18 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

@moog5050 they also have a rifle cartridge style. So I could get the archery and the rifle one and it would match the weapon used to harvest those bucks. Now that would be pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is three versions.  One was a bit cheaper (generic I think) and I would have bought it if I saw it first.

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Id get @WNY Bowhunter to combine them into one buck!

I was thinking about mounting the 8 point onto a different deers cape... but I don't want to deal with grief from @Biz-R-OWorld

And I can't wait to kill a buck that would warrant contacting @WNY Bowhunter

Edited by johnplav
  • Haha 1

Just now, johnplav said:

I was thinking about mounting the 8 point onto a different deers cape... but I don't want to deal with grief from @Biz-R-OWorld

yes - not too late to mount.  Little extra for a replacement cape and don't worry about Biz.  Lets face it, most capes are not really all that unique.  I have one with a replacement cape due to a wound on the buck and I never really think about that.

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

yes - not too late to mount.  Little extra for a replacement cape and don't worry about Biz.  Lets face it, most capes are not really all that unique.  I have one with a replacement cape due to a wound on the buck and I never really think about that.

6 minutes ago, johnplav said:

And I can't wait to kill a buck that would warrant contacting @WNY Bowhunter

Moog - You gave away a wounded cape! funny story, my first antelope had a big scar under his eye. My taxidermist messed up and covered it, when I told him not to! Anyway, I had to take a knife and cut away the hair under the eye to make it look like it did when i shot him.

Regarding capes, everyone is different IMO. double throat patch, orange head, grey face, etc. Mine this year had a very grey nose. I would know right away if it was a different cape. But again, to each their own.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

LOL I dont get that, use whatever cape you can whats the difference? Just dont invite [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] over

Size of the neck changes the size of the mold, but even bigger for me is the color/markings.

Look at our 2 bucks for example. Face, head and cape colors are way different.

c76d4958a97285b5f4a4242bcd2d7e86.png251675a2de90d4e40a7c35b96c7c22fd.png

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Size of the neck changes the size of the mold, but even bigger for me is the color/markings.

How many size molds do you think are available?  94/100 capes couldnt be picked out of a lineup. Get a cape for the same age/time of season shot and mount the buck no one is looking at the cape

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

size of head and neck determine size of mannequin but typically the taxi tries to replicate original.  I can say with certainty that I could not ID most of my mounts if I just focused on cape coloration/markings but perhaps I am not that observant.  lol

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

How many size molds do you think are available?  94/100 capes couldnt be picked out of a lineup. Get a cape for the same age/time of season shot and mount the buck no one is looking at the cape

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

I do have an opening day buck that has his Summer coat, the back of the neck is barred like a pheasant tail. Its pretty cool

That's what I'm saying. Imagine a random cape on that buck. Of course, others wouldn't know. But i would know my own mount is "off". Look at the above pic of mine and yours. Not even close to a match. I woudn't be able to look at a random cape on my wall. I'd rather just have the rack then.

Just now, moog5050 said:

size of head and neck determine size of mannequin but typically the taxi tries to replicate original.  I can say with certainty that I could not ID most of my mounts if I just focused on cape coloration/markings but perhaps I am not that observant.  lol

maybe WNY bucks have less variations? I definitely see varying capes when hunting. some deer are orangey, some darker, some lighter, etc.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That's what I'm saying. Imagine a random cape on that buck. Of course, others wouldn't know. But i would know my own mount is "off". Look at the above pic of mine and yours. Not even close to a match. I woudn't be able to look at a random cape on my wall. I'd rather just have the rack then.

So youre claiming that if you were the @TreeGuy and seven weeks from now when his rack and cape arrive at his taxidermist and the hide has slipped you would simply say "Send my rack back, forget it?"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

For the early season buck Id find an early season cape, no biggie. For someone as obsessed with racks as you are this stance is out of character