Skull Hooker

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Two mounts, two  euros , don’t think I’d do anymore or either , perhaps a mount if it was outstanding in some way . Mostly I saw off the antlers ,write the date and weapon on it in marker and toss it in a pile .

My friend does these which I like , last one I had done was many years ago $35 , I much prefer them to euros , I’d imagine he’s double that price today . That buck my daughter was 14 and I had her pushing drainage ditches, the buck jumped up out of the weeds when she was 20 yards from me ! Dropped him on an all out sprint when  he went out into the field .

58D487E9-2B53-4E94-93E6-66952C27FD40.jpeg

This is what ill do from now on unless i get another one shoulder mount worthy.  Grandfather used to do it with all his.  Wanted atleast one euro so this years buck is getting done.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks

I'm going with Biz on this one. It'll always bug me if I had a deer mounted with a different cape, I know because I did it once, doesn't feel like my buck as off as it sounds. Every deer cape is unique to me and that cape goes with that rack. Fish, I'm fine with repos but not big on fish mounts anyways so I really don't care.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

it needs to be the exact deer, not a combo of two deer. This is my stance on reproduction fish mounts. It's skin or nothing!

This is the axe my Grandfather made ,  my Dad replaced the handle and I the  head .

251270DF-5693-4028-BB14-DCD237396D21.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

This is what ill do from now on unless i get another one shoulder mount worthy.  Grandfather used to do it with all his.  Wanted atleast one euro so this years buck is getting done.  

I did a DIY variation  of that on 3 of my bucks. I made a backer  panel from 1/4 inch plywood cut to shape .Attached the skull plate to it, filled around the skull plate with body filler, sanded and had them dipped. The wood  panels are black walnut. 

5F8F1966-C86F-40E3-96FC-8CDEF1CF5673.jpeg

71216FD5-7657-4D64-A173-F179E30B985F.jpeg

479B8372-3920-4069-A3AA-22CEE221BD2E.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2