Pygmy Goes A' Hunting....

Pygmy

WELL, friends and neighbors, tomorrow is the day.

My good hunting buddy Fungus Face and I are going to head his pickup northeast for our Newfoundland moose hunt.

Being the old farts we are, we don't want to drive half the night, so we will overnight tomorrow near Bangor, Maine. Fungus has a favorite motel there, and knowing him, I suspect it's within walking distance of a strip joint.

Friday we'll negotiate customs and drive up to New Brunswick, where we'll rendezvous with some Canadian friends. Then we'll convoy out to the eastern tip of Nova Scotia, where we'll board a ferry for an overnight crossing to Newfoundland.

We arrive Saturday morning on The Rock, as the Newfies call it and then drive 5 hours north to Portland Creek, where we meet our outfitter. We overnight there, and then Sunday morning, Good Lord Willing and weather permitting, we will helicopter in to our hunting camp. The hunt is a week long, Sunday to Sunday.

If I don't get lost in the muskeg or ET by a bear, I'll be home around Sept. 20th, and will post a full report on this forum.

Of course I'm HUGELY excited about this trip. It will be my first trip to Newfoundland and my first ride in a helicopter.

Thanks, all.. Thanks to Jerry for the lobster tip.. I LOVE crustaceans and any thing else that swims or crawls on the bottom of the ocean.

Lawdwaz...We'll definitely have to do dinner at Fran's..The quality of the food has remained excellent with the change of management. Ya don't go away HUNGRY either !

I intend to take lots of digital pictures...I might need a little help posting them, however. Wnybuckhunter has been a great help to me in the past, and I appreciate it.

Damn... Amazing how excited a guy in his 60s can get...It's great... When this rush goes away I'll know it's time to stop hunting..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's Sunday, the last day of Pygmy's hunt. Hopefully it was safe & successful.

I was going to say something witty about how'd I'd love to try some moose meat someday but that wouldn't be very classy and I surely don't want to put Dan on the spot with an Internet buddy and all so I won't.

Hey Pygmy, If you run out of freezer space, I sure like to offer up some square footage in mine.............................<grin>

Edited by Lawdwaz

I'm back, friends and neighbors.

I did NOT kill a moose, although my party took 5 moose for 7 hunters.. I'm very busy right now and can't take the time for a full report, but I promise one within the next few days.

The hunt was a real adventure..