Wow....NYOut door news came today

growalot

If you don't get it here's a couple of notes....NY pistol permit holders names and addresses were posted on the internet.

Coyotes have attacked 3 and 6yr olds playing out doors during the day...Ya so I guess they don't need your clothes to smell like goat any more >:D ...

Sale of Hemlock and Canadice to DEC is now final...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I went to the site entitled "Who's Packing? NY" and noticed that they have nothing stating who they are and why they created the website. Unless I missed it, the authors of the site seem to have gone out of their way to be anonymous. I sure would like to know just who is behind publishing that info on the internet.

Yes, I see that our own state government saw fit to make that info public record ........ and that is an unneccessary invasion of privacy in its own right, but who are these people that thought it should be made available on the internet and what is their agenda?

Doc

Anything public record is available on the internet. How would you like to be a big wig in a publicly traded company? Your salary info is out there.

I just wish I would have known that my name and address would be public record with that, but if you have a home phone, the same info is available in any phone book.

It's kind of like a Shoppers Guide for crooks looking for specific weapons to steal ...... eh? A burgular's shopping list ..... lol.

From the article in the New York Outdoor News, it sounds like a lot of fancy computer work was used to hide the originator of the internet posting. I think we know it is something done by one of the many anti-gun groups. It's just a question of which one. It's just some more harrassment techniques by anti-gun zealots. Unfortunately it was aided by the stupidity of the government policies.

It's kind of like a Shoppers Guide for crooks looking for specific weapons to steal ...... eh? A burgular's shopping list ..... lol.

Nah, thats more like a list of places you shouldnt rob lol. Maybe this has an up side hahaha.

Very True ;)

Phone books do not indicate possessions, hobbies, or pastimes.

Doc

Youre worried about who knows you enjoy shooting? Just because you have a permit doesnt necessarily mean you own a handgun anyway. The list does not contain what handguns are on your permit, or even what type of permit you have. Its nothing more than a list of people that have permits, nothing more. Oh, and the internet isnt the only place this info is available. All I need is your address out of the phone book and I can find out what your house is worth, how much you pay in taxes each year, how much you paid for your house, then from there if I really want to do some digging I can find out how much you owe on your house, who the lein holders are, etc etc. If I want to pay for info, I can get your police records and lots of other data. I think the pistol permit list is fairly unobtrusive and nothing to be alarmed about.