2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Hi All. New member who's been reading for a long time via Twitter, but had to join and post this pic a buddy sent to me today about a record ADK buck. Have any of you seen this buck before? Looks legit. Would be amazing if it is true!

That pic is at least 2 yrs old. I think the story was he shot it in a fenced preserve. Could be wrong about the story but i know the pic is old..

Here is a couple pics of my big fat doe I shot on Sunday 12-4-11. Shot her at about 12:30 in the afternoon, She came busting out of the woods into the field with 3 other does. She was the biggest so I took her at about 125 yards with my Marlin 30-30. She spun completely around when I hit her and then she ran about 40 yards into a little scrub field. It was my last day I could hunt this year and boy was it a good one. I don't know what she weighed in at but it took 3 guys to get her in the truck.

post-393-0-25724600-1323198822_thumb.jpg

post-393-0-11167100-1323199128_thumb.jpg

Congrats everyone on nice deer ...

I took a doe at 4:17 pm today...at noon I heard a shot that sound like it was on our place so grabbed a orange hat and off I went...I was outside stringing lights at the time...walked the perimeter and no tracks of ppl coming on or off us..... so on the way back I checked cams.... well from deer tracks over night and cam pics I knew where to sit....I left at 3pm and settled in at 3:30....at 4:pm I had a tiny fawn charge in, out to about 90yrds ...hit a trail and ran away from me and circled back...she stopped to watch her back trail ...and so did I...I saw movement about 120yrds out up on another trail moving away...not long after I saw several deer come charging through our woods...a big doe was 80 yrds out and broad side...I led her and squeezed off a shot when she hit the open lane...it was a miss but behind her and that changed her course to coming right into me....she was now quartering slightly away and down in the gully....stepped into another opening and I shot 60yrds...dropping her...but she let out a blat and tried getting up so I made another quick shot that put her down...the first shot hit forward in her shoulder breaking it and exited her lower neck the second hit the top of her spine in front of her hind quarters....actually the skin and muscle over her back bone...the concussion dropped her...but she went fast after that for the shoulder shot took out a lung and artery.....I know there is a great buck as of 12-9-11....but a lot of shots all around today so who knows...I will check it out in the morning then my deer season is done and squirrel and yote start for me...was I'm set for the holidays that is

Got this doe yesterday morning hunting the southern tier yesterday. This is my third deer/doe of the season (2 Gun, 1 Archery).

My buddy got one shortly before I did, making that his 6th (1 Buck PA, 2 Bucks NY, 3 Does NY).

Edited by 7J Everyday

Deer # 5 on the ground.

7R dmp filled, .243 120 or so yard shot. Was looking forward to a day run SZ Muzz but oppertunity knocked. 1st. time in my life I filled all tags after picking up Bowhunting. :)

post-4-0-72497900-1323660467_thumb.jpg

pic is a still of my video cam because I broke my digital

Edited by Fantail