2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Is that Elmer Fudd's shotgun? lol. Never participated in a deer drive and never would.

I kinda missed the part about my 870. Its the express model- so the barrel is matte finish and the stock is a cheap hardwood, beech? I've killed some nice bucks with it though including the one I use on my profile. It gets abused- I use it when tracking in the ADKs- it spends a lot of time in the palm of my right hand covered in snow and spruce needles.

Doe down on opening morning. then shot a doe just before dark on a over grown feild on thanksgiving. didnt feel good about the shot it felt really high so i waited about 3 hours and went out with my friend, couldnt find her, went back to where i shot and noticed i was looking in the wrong spot so i walked down to the correct spot, and i could smell her. You know how you can smell the blood or almost a smell that dosnt belong, well i smelt that and knew she was around somewhere, so i took a step back and fell. I got back up and looked, and there she was laying there, i tripped over her. So theres two doe down already!

While certainly not the biggest deer I've ever gotten, this spike was important to me to fill the freezer, so that my family would have meat. Been laid off for what seems an eternity, and this buck will help us along.

If you need meat, I have an extra DMP tag for 3N (Putnam County). I never shoot does.

• Like 1

If you need meat, I have an extra DMP tag for 3N (Putnam County). I never shoot does.

I would most definitely take you up on that offer, Biz-R-O-World. I was unable to get any doe permits at all. Thanks, guys, for the encouragement! I really appreciate it.

Hahaha....Sampotter...you haven't been around many billy gaots huh?.....Those in pic....peanuts....lol....but Congrats on a nice buck

No- growing up we had sheep and rams. We have almost 200 bulls up 2.5 years old on the farm now. I've seen 'em big, and by no means was this buck anything like a ram or a bull, but he would have made the other boys in the locker room glance a little longer in the shower... I bet he'll have a lot of fawns running around next spring- or maybe not and that is why he was the way he was. Never before have I seen the hair worn off the inside of a bucks legs...

After not seeing any thing I filled a doe tag today...not thrilled with the size but 3 came in at 75yrds 4:20 this afternoon...I picked biggest of three and dropped her in her tracks with a high shoulder shot....After seeing no deer for a long time and getting buck fever on the biggest buck I've seen on our property...she is a confidence builder and nice tender eats....I really thought a small mature doe...for the other two I knew were fawns and they wouldn't leave her even when I climbed down and was walking to them...they stayed in the woods and watched me cleaner her sad0025.gif...guilt...guilt...guilt