2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Congrats to all who have one on the ground ! Thankfully i got #1 a couple weeks ago, with a nuisance tag. Nice 115# slick head. Took a little pressure of for my bow season. My b 2 d ratio is great so i prob won't fill that tag till later in the season. Looking forward to post a pic of my own ridge runner very soon....

I dropped her at 6pm...she went 15 yards and dropped....3 firsts...first kill out of that stand...up 4yrs...first one with new Mission Venture bow by Mathews...and first kill off a plot....34yrds...she was much farther than I thought....I misplaced my range finder...the house will be turned upside down now...but Wow she never heard it coming...love the new bow

Finally got out yesterday. Only my second season with the bow. Saw about 4 doe early and then this guy walked up and stopped broadside at 22 yards. I made a decent shot and we found him 45 minutes later. Not a monster by any means but what a rush it was calling him in, settling my nerves, and making the shot. It was more satisfying for me than the 160 I took a few years ago with my shotgun. Good luck everyone.

post-746-0-69101400-1319379869_thumb.jpg

Filled a dmp with an nap. 100 grain 3 blade Nap broadhead that is.While not the biggest doe I have ever killed it is venison in the freezer. 5 PM Sat in Letchworth State Park. 15 yds broadside. The arrow passed through and buried in the dirt, Hit lung and heart, it ran 30 yards and crashed.All of this after I spent about half an hour trying to find a straight tree to climb with my climbing stand.Sorry,didn't have time for a nice outdoor picture.

post-491-0-47171700-1319409849_thumb.jpg

post-491-0-00082900-1319409944_thumb.jpg