Corona Virus Thread

18 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

my brother is a clinical pharmacist. Yes, elderly and people with pre-existing conditions are most at risk of dying. the average healthy human will NOT show symptoms. therefore, there could be millions with COVID-19 right now and we have no idea.

that's not a guarantee, there's that 32 year old healthy doctor in jersey who has 1 lung working right now. Not saying everyone is going to die, but I wouldn't go around licking subway seats like you've got the infinity stone gauntlet. 

Who said it had to do with Chinese? I simply said it was gonna be 3-4% it turned out almost 5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And we are set to open down 1000 wiping out all of yesterday's rebound. But please do continue your prognostication oh great one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

GF's daughter at Geneseo - they told them for spring break to take all important stuff with them.  Sound like they are going to do the same 

I think that's a good common sense approach, nothing to be scared about, doesn't cost anything just take another hour or 2 to pack to be prepared. 

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And we are set to open down 1000 wiping out all of yesterday's rebound. But please do continue your prognostication oh great one

JM...you know this market was cruising fir a bruising:

1999 first 10,000

2010 stable at 10,000 thanks Barry

2017 stable at 17,000 thanks again Barry

2020 we nearly hit 30,000 (thanks fir pressuring the fed when we didn’t need it Don)

Every dip the past 6 month most analysts were predicting correction...Wuhan corrected it alright 

Buy Low Sell High that’s my motto!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Cause they locked down wuhan with 215 cases and 13 deaths...we missed that boat 

i'm not sure how much credence i'd put in the Chinese numbers, several business calls the last few days with senior leaders are hearing through their supply chain channels that it's a lot, lot worse then some think. Possibly could affect the Olympics. 

29 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

What a dope...everyone has older people in their lives and most people have retirement money in the market nobody wants this thing at all let alone to last to archery season (hunting site just remembered)

Um, I don't think Mowin is advocating that. Dope?

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

paul is off his meds I think. he's even contradicted himself a few times. 

No no contradictions 

This thing is real scary, not cause it’s gonna kill me but because it can’t be contained 

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Um, I don't think Mowin is advocating that. Dope?

the suggestion is that libs love this cause it’s gonna ruin the Don..that’s ridiculous cuz biden has been beating the pres by double digits in head to head polls since last April.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ugh, I've got about half my retirement fund in moderate risk, and half in safe stuff. I haven't been hurt too bad, but it hurts enough. My losses over the last couple of weeks would have put a killer boat in the driveway. That certainly would have been a better spend than just watching it flush away.

At 61, I was thinking of retiring in 1-4 years. Starting to feel like 3-4 years now...

The US had a chance at quarantine last week even earlier really...once school told me to keep my kids 5-7 days for flu they were out, we have limited our movement a lot, I’ve done what I’ve been asking others to do.

wife works from home travel ban started 3 weeks ago now even domestically groups of 10 in meetings is too many.

You can have this thing a long time without knowing it and spreading it the entire time...the media outbreak is weeks behind the actual initial outbreak 

The guy I am buying land from works for the state he was trained last night in HAZMAT will be transporting specimens 

and yes the NY hand sanitizer was a great idea as I said before most proactive thing since China locked Wuhan down with less reported cases than Washington state

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Ugh, I've got about half my retirement fund in moderate risk, and half in safe stuff. I haven't been hurt too bad, but it hurts enough. My losses over the last couple of weeks would have put a killer boat in the driveway. That certainly would have been a better spend than just watching it flush away.
At 61, I was thinking of retiring in 1-4 years. Starting to feel like 3-4 years now...
Don't fret. Once this Corona crap is over and done with we will be back to where we were. Right now it's all passive trading meaning algorithms. Not active management. Once this thing hits it's peak you'll see the real money start pouring back into the market and things should rip again. I am no stock prognosticator but given another year this should all be a thing of the past.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

This is the difference...and the rate of transmission and the incubation period and the number of asymptomatic carriers (probably you)

2DD73BC7-746D-419F-8941-F8F387BC9F41.jpeg

But I think your chart is way off. I think millions have it in the US with no symtpoms, so that would make all those %'s go way down!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's not a guarantee, there's that 32 year old healthy doctor in jersey who has 1 lung working right now. Not saying everyone is going to die, but I wouldn't go around licking subway seats like you've got the infinity stone gauntlet. 

Right, but if i didn't have a newborn i for sure would be taking advantage of the cheaper flights and hitting the carribean!

35 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

today's Biz guess is -2.87%. Btw, have you been moved out of the city? Nearly all the traders i know have been moved from manhattan to CT, Brooklyn, or upstate NY. they are dividing teams up and sending them to separate locations

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

One thing I have noticed is that the parking lot at Croton Harmon train station seems to have less and less cars each day. Metro north trains seem to be less populated as well. I don't ride the subway, so i cannot comment on that.

today's Biz guess is -2.87%. Btw, have you been moved out of the city? Nearly all the traders i know have been moved from manhattan to CT, Brooklyn, or upstate NY. they are dividing teams up and sending them to separate locations
They split people all over. Because if one person gets sick in a floor the whole floor has to be quarantined so they peppered people everywhere

One thing I have noticed is that the parking lot at Croton Harmon train station seems to have less and less cars each day. Metro north trains seem to be less populated as well. I don't ride the subway, so i cannot comment on that.
Subway has been less busy. I actually started to take the tram and either walk or take the bus vs the Subway. Only if I'm in a hurry now will I brave the Subway

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But I think your chart is way off. I think millions have it in the US with no symtpoms, so that would make all those %'s go way down!

That’s not my chart it’s the CDC’s chart in cooperation with the Chinese...regardless if the numbers are accurate The proportions of actual deaths is obviously greater in the covid group.

Also how many people report “the flu” each year, most who are not severely sick do not so those numbers are likely proportionally precise

Edited by OtiscoPaul

5 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

NYS is preparing to send everybody home.  Mandatory telecommuting is on its way.  If they shut down the state run daycare we will be boned regardless.  Good times!

This is where trying to get together and win the fight with your neighbors and community could start to help.

People should be using social media to offer what they have:

extra n95s for collection and redistribution to pros and then back to the public

anyone who can home school do it right now so the schools can stay open fir those who need them fir daycare and meals

thats 2 ideas anyone else got one 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

16 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

They split people all over. Because if one person gets sick in a floor the whole floor has to be quarantined so they peppered people everywhere

Yea, the 6-foot rule has been in effect for weeks