Who else is estatic that the Red Sox are out of the postseason?

Deerthug

Anyone see the Yankees v. Tampa or Boston v. Orioles games last night? I'm a Yankee fan but what a comeback for Tampa! Craziest end of season ever to come back from 9 games behind Boston and then to beat the Yankees after coming back from an 7-0 deficit in the eighth inning and winning in the 12th with a home run by none other than Longoria?? What was Joe Girardi thinking using 12 pitches???

When I was a kid , I rooted for the Dodgers and quit when they moved to LA . I suppose the Jersey Jets and Jersey Giants whose home field is in the Meadow Lands still think the Dodgers are the Brooklyn Dodgers . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Jets did at one point play at Shea Stadium in Queens from 1964 to 1983. I remember going to a couple of games there when I was a kid. So technically they did originate in NY.

Sooooooo , technically the Dodgers are still a NY team also ?

Actually if you were to go to the new CitiField where the Mets now play, you would think the Dodgers WERE still in NY. The park was made to look like Ebbets Field and even has the entrance dedicated to Jackie Robinson and is called the J Robinson rotunda. More tributes to the old Dodgers than there are to past Met players. Which is actually understandable since the Mets have been nothing but a bunch of losers for close to 50 years! LOL

Anyone see the Yankees v. Tampa or Boston v. Orioles games last night? I'm a Yankee fan but what a comeback for Tampa! Craziest end of season ever to come back from 9 games behind Boston and then to beat the Yankees after coming back from an 7-0 deficit in the eighth inning and winning in the 12th with a home run by none other than Longoria?? What was Joe Girardi thinking using 12 pitches???

If I were the Boston manager, who is now the ex manager I would be pissed. The Yanks should have beaten the Rays, but they played around with the line up and pitchers. Just to see what the new guys had to offer. That cost the Red Sox a shot at a playoff game with the Rays. Yanks just layed down the last three games. May come back and bite them in the a--.

Yankees wont win the WS, they have CC and nothing else. Nova was 16-4, but look at his peripherals, not very impressive. Even if they get by Detroit (which I doubt), they wont beat the Rays/Rangers, but if they do that too somehow, they (especially CC pitching on 3 days rest the whole postseason) will stand no chance vs. the Phillies and Halladay, Lee, Hamels.

Only 1 team each year wins the WS for every other team, nothing else matters. who cares if you won the division, wildcard, alds, etc......In the last 10 years, only 1 team has won more than 1 WS.....the Red Sox....which shows MLB has great parody in the playoffs and thats what makes it great.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

im a yankee fan through and through...but i gotta day we may have some trouble with Detroit....not the best match up for us.

I agree. The Yanks may have a tough time against the Tigers this series but they did pretty well to clinch with unknown pitchers so there is always a chance.