How often do you wax your bowstrings?

Deerthug

I was wondering how often should you wax your bow strings. I haven't had to wax them for about a year since I didn't notice any lag or fuzziness. But I've read that they should be waxed every time you see the string starting to get fuzzy. I've also read that they should not be waxed too often or too much cause it leaves wax build up and residue.

I've never. I guess I should. I was watching videos on how to do it. In the videos, they only wax the exposed parts. Do you ever wax the part of the string that loops over the cams? If so, how do you do it? Do you use a device to draw the string back or something? Thanks!

I've never. I guess I should. I was watching videos on how to do it. In the videos, they only wax the exposed parts. Do you ever wax the part of the string that loops over the cams? If so, how do you do it? Do you use a device to draw the string back or something? Thanks!

I bet if you type waxing a bow string in Youtube there will be something there for you to watch. There is a ton of great info there. That is where I learned to fletch my own arrows.

I bet if you type waxing a bow string in Youtube there will be something there for you to watch. There is a ton of great info there. That is where I learned to fletch my own arrows.

Yeah, the videos I was watching were from youtube. I watched several and they didn't wax the section that loops over the cam. I was just wondering if you don't have to wax that section or the videos only did the sections between the cams and servings just as an example.