Would you shoot him?

WNY Bowhunter

I don't have a problem with anyone shooting a big buck just about anyone would. Here is my problem, when I hunt I'm taking a life to sustain mine. I feel it's disrespectful for anyone be it an individual, company or tv show to put more "value" in a big buck than a doe, or smaller buck. Its a life either way.

Edited by Tim Martin

I know i would never have the opportunity to shoot it again.I would consider a 6pt a trophie right now.So i would shoot it and watch the glow on my kids faces when i hung it in my garage and let them take pics with it.

Its funny how all these people that have the oportunities bash on the pewople that dont have them.Like they should just let it walk to let the neighbor shoot it and wait around for a bigger one.Hahaha.funny.

• Like 2

I don't have a problem with anyone shooting a big buck just about anyone would. Here is my problem, when I hunt I'm taking a life to sustain mine. I feel it's disrespectful for anyone be it an individual, company or tv show to put more "value" in a big buck than a doe, or smaller buck. Its a life either way.

I think you are misunderstanding why some choose to take big bucks instead of small ones...It isn't because we think you shouldn't be able to take what you want... promoting passing up small bucks is a movement that some have adopted towards bettering the age structure of the buck population on their land or in their area... it's kinda involved... but there is a science behind age structure that has a benefit to the deer herd.. in fact as more people pass on smaller bucks and take does instead... the buck to doe ratio balances.. it will have no effect on how many young deer are available for those of you that will always want to shoot them... there will actually be more young deer... and if the state decided to impliment AR's in areas.. there would still be plenty of young doe meat to be harvested by those that need to feed their families.. currently any place in NY that has no doe hunting would not be considered for AR's due to the low deer density so small bucks would still be fair game there for meat.. there are plent of doe tags issued in most WMU's for those that need meat that badly.. and like I always say.. if I were in such a bad way that I needed deer meat for my family to survive... hunting laws, rules and regulations would mean nothing to me... and certainly others opinions about killing big or small bucks would mean even less... so I don't understand why people that want to shoot young deer for meat think that the movement towards shooting older bucks is an issue for them at all... I can respect that you want to take whatever legal deer your want, thats your right.. but you should also repect others choices to do otherwise... unfortunately for some the movement towards passing on young bucks is growing and has been for about 10-15 years.. with no sign of stopping... deer hunting as we've known it is evolving and time will tell whether its good or bad for hunting. I guess it will depend on which side of the fence you're on.

Edited by nyantler

I like that this chat is tame, if it was on one of my fishing websites there would have been torches and pitchforks and suspensions and bans by now. Have to say, as a new guy here, there is a lot of respectful discussion without the flames. Kudos to the members and owner

Yea just give it time there are tons o people on this site that know it all and cant be told anything..well see who has pic's of deer at the end off the season tho :bye: ...But other than that the site is great good luck hunting!

Yea just give it time there are tons o people on this site that know it all and cant be told anything..well see who has pic's of deer at the end off the season tho :bye: ...But other than that the site is great good luck hunting!

Thanks to the moderators for yankin' this dip weed. So glad i don't have to read his non-sence on here ever again. Ya'll will have more time for MY non-sence now.. LOL