any ideas?

noahmstone

Any ideas what this is? I Have pictures of all kinds of animals in the last 2 weeks and this is the only one I can't identify. I was thinking coyote but I am just not sure.

PICT0124.jpg

PICT0125.jpg

and this is the only buck on the cam in 2 weeks. kind of glad I choose not to hunt this property.

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

Edited by noahmstone

LOL!! Its a bobcat!! if it was'nt ir you would see the spots better although you can see them on the one leg pretty good and the black tipped bobbed tail, congrats on the cat!! i'm still waiting for one to appear on mine i know they are around just havent been lucky enought to catch one!

Edited by G-Man

i've seen some close to 40 lbs usually smaller... lynx get even bigger..The adult bobcat is 47.5 to 125 cm (18.7 to 49 in) long from the head to the base of the tail, averaging 82.7 cm (32.6 in); the stubby tail adds 9 to 20 cm (3.5 to 7.9 in) [12] and, due to its "bobbed" appearance, it gives the species its name.[15][16][17][18] An adult stands about 30 to 60 cm (12 to 24 in) at the shoulders.[10][19] Adult males can range in weight from 6.4 to 18.3 kg (14 to 40 lb), with an average of 9.6 kg (21 lb); females at 4.1 to 15.3 kg (9.0 to 34 lb), with an average of 6.8 kg (15 lb).[20] The largest bobcat accurately measured on record weighed 22.2 kg (49 lb), although there are unverified reports of them reaching 27 kg (60 lb).

Hi noahnstone, great catch!

That is whats so cool when you bring your SD cards in, you never know what you will catch on there. :O

I got this Bobcat last fall, could not believe my eyes. And never even thought one could be around where I hunt.

Rick! B)

IM000016.jpg

IM000017.jpg

IM000018.jpg

Edited by CAM-O

Hyena ? jk

Actually I showed the pics to a guy yesterday and his exact response was " IT'S A F****ING HYENA". lol. then he said it was a Chupacabra. which was made me lean towards the idea of a really mangey coyote. The only bobcats I have seen were stuffed and a lot smaller than this. I just didn't think that there were any in this area.