6 pointer down

bowman54

Went out tonight for only the third time this season. Had a feeling that they are starting to move. On my stand for about 1 hr when a little 4pt comes down through my clover plot and stops broadside about 12 yards away. He is too small so just watch him and he keeps looking behind him. So I turn my head and here comes a nice 6 pt and a huge 10pt. They put their heads down and do a little sparing, the little 4 pt runs off with his tail between his legs. The 10 point goes into the thick stuff behind me about 15 yards and disappears (boy, they are like ghosts). The 6 point then comes boradside about 12 yards and it's just too good a shot to pass up. Let the arrow fly and hit him right in the shoulder. He flinches and runs about 30 yards and drops, but can't see him. I know it was a good hit but like a good bow hunter I wait. After about 20 mins another buck comes along, another nice 6pt and goes to the exact spot where I hit the other 6pt and he start smelling the blood trail. I watch him for about 10 min then time to get down and find my buck. Dead right where I saw him drop. Another good year. Man I love bow hunting!

post-707-0-91869600-1319771997_thumb.jpg