Help Valuing

Lawdwaz

I need help valuing a gun if you could. 

They seem to be scarce as they aren't made anymore; CZ 452 American 17M2 with Sporter weight barrel.  I bought it new in 2004 and haven't put many rounds down range with it.  Killed some tin cans,  squirrels and crows with it, that is it.  Scope is a 3x9 AO Leupold and doesn't have to be included in the value.

That is one nice rifle in probably the best Squirrel hunting round ever devised. I have a 452 Lux in regular 22LR, it is a shooter and one of my favorite practice rifles. I like the 452 models over the current 455s.

The used 452s are going for between 5 and 6 hundred bucks bare, the quality of a mounted scope would add on to that., yours being chambered in the rare HM2 makes it worth more depending of course how much the buyer wants that chambering. There is one on Guns International listed for a grand and it has what I would consider to be a lower end  BSA scope mounted on it.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, airedale said:

There is one on Guns International listed for a grand and it has what I would consider to be a lower end  BSA scope mounted on it.

Not to rain on anyones parade....

But Guns International has some very nice listings; but the prices are ridiculous at times and often inflated. Some are downright laughable.

If I could sell some of my rifles or shotguns what they ask on there I would sell the whole lot tomorrow.If I could get $4300 for my Blaser R93 like the one  thats on there right now (and mine has substantially better wood); I'd sell that too.

I bought a Sauer 200 on their that listed there at $2300, for $900 in the box new after it sat for a year and the seller got a dose of reality.

I have a half dozen 452's new and used and paid between 325 -425 used and about the same new. 

Me and Larry going to try and reach a deal on this one; but a bit more then a hundred bucks.^_^

More like $109.99 and a bottle of syrup.:taunt:

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dan....This is probably the WORST time to be selling an African type rifle,   but if you hear of anyone interested in a CZ 550 American  in 9.3 x62 with no more than 300 rounds through it, let me know...It was my " hunting anywhere with grizzlies" rifle, and I doubt I'll ever use it again...Shoots sub MOA with barnes X 250 grainers...I haven't played much with heavier bullets...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Dan....This is probably the WORST time to be selling an African type rifle,   but if you hear of anyone interested in a CZ 550 American  in 9.3 x62 with no more than 300 rounds through it, let me know...It was my " hunting anywhere with grizzlies" rifle, and I doubt I'll ever use it again...Shoots sub MOA with barnes X 250 grainers...I haven't played much with heavier bullets...

CZ not making that 550 series anymore and going to a pushfeed for 557.

That 9.3x62 pretty classic for that gun and I think if pricing fair you'd be able to move that without too much problem, even if someone is just dreaming about using it. I think the American butt stock will help for sale over the hog back Euro version since everyone scopes a rifle these days.

Those Barnes 250's zipping along will put down anything on this planet; I don't think heavier would gain anything.

• Thanks 1

But Guns International has some very nice listings; but the prices are ridiculous at times and often inflated. Some are downright laughable.
If I could sell some of my rifles or shotguns what they ask on there I would sell the whole lot tomorrow.If I could get $4300 for my Blaser R93 like the one  thats on there right now (and mine has substantially better wood); I'd sell that too.
I bought a Sauer 200 on their that listed there at $2300, for $900 in the box new after it sat for a year and the seller got a dose of reality.
I have a half dozen 452's new and used and paid between 325 -425 used and about the same new. 

Me and Larry going to try and reach a deal on this one; but a bit more then a hundred bucks.

Thanks for blowing my offer out of the water! I was hoping for a something to look forward to in this quarantine that is breaking me down fast.

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Me and Larry going to try and reach a deal on this one; but a bit more then a hundred bucks.^_^

How long ago was that? The last two 452's .22 LR, that I bought were $525 and $550 and they were going for more than that at the time in 2018.

33 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

How long ago was that? The last two 452's .22 LR, that I bought were $525 and $550 and they were going for more than that at the time in 2018.

6 months ago bought one from a shop in SC 445 new, no box, plus $45 shipping in a plano case (25 FFL fee my end).

I dont ever impulse buy and keep very close tabs on guns I'm interested in.

They had ad on Gun Broker and it was next to the rifle for sale in the ad (which I did not buy), and I emailed an inquiry.

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

Having worked in the Firearms business many years and being involved in the buying and selling of firearms numbering in the thousands I am well aware how the game is played. 

Lawdwaz's 452 has a couple of things going for it, first of all the CZ 452s have a large enthusiastic following because of their stellar reputation for quality and accuracy. Second the 452 is now a discontinued model. Condition is everything and this one looks to be pristine. The 17 H2 is a rare chambering and sought after for good reason. The 3X9 older style Leupold scope w/AO in itself is highly sought after and can bring high dollars and do no forget the rings. So all and all a very desirable high quality rimfire rifle. 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Some high stakes negotiations have started.  I've employed Donald J. Trump to negotiate my interests in this deal, Dinsdale is on his own in these dealings (although I encouraged him to hire Bizzy) and I have a feeling he will be the new owner of this fine piece of craftsmanship with or without Biz.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Thanks for blowing my offer out of the water! I was hoping for a something to look forward to in this quarantine that is breaking me down fast.

Call Me The Teflon Don

Let me look around.........

You have a pistol permit?

Need a .22 pistol?
S&W 317 4" barrel (aluminum frame and cylinder, stainless steel barrel*) or Smith & Wesson 422 6" barrel (all blue)
* I told a couple Academy members last night that it was Titanium, I misspoke. 
No need for a .22 but if you're looking to get rid of some bigger guns I may be interested.

Call Me The Teflon Don