fixed head broad heads

whitetail1

what does everyone us ,which ones dont you like.lets try to stay away from the rage heads i know everyone that uses them will never use another one.if you like them thats great,o just like to know my fixed blade will never fail to open.i have nothing againt the rage head just like a good fixed blade

I like the Magnus 2 Blade Vented. Vented heads fly better and less likely to plane. I just mounted same STOS 2 Blades for the coming Season. They have the 3:1 width length ratio and fly like field tips. Will have to see, but they tell me they cut like butter and have excellent penetration and pass thru.

I've used nothing but fixed the last 12 years or so. Mangus 2 blade, now Magnus Stingers 2 blade 100 gr with bleeders .

I truly feel the deer don't feel them, or as much as non cut on contacts . Since going to cut on contact fixed blades , I have yet to "track" any bow shot deer, well one and that was more of  a 80 yard walk .

All but one have been complete pass throughs with arrow buried 5 inches into ground . Several deer did not run at all ! Most die with in site of stand .

Best thing i ever did bow wise was switch to fixed cut on contact !

I've been using Cabela's Lazer Pro Mag 125g. three blades for about fifteen years! I bought nine of them and replacement blades. I've only retired two from rock strikes. I resharpen the blades in my Lansky sharpener so they're scary sharp! They fly good,break bone,stay intact and make huge holes(easy or no tracking)! I'm not sold on the mechanicals just yet.

For years I used Thunderheads. But the last 2 seasons I went to a cut on contact Magnus Stinger 4 blade.

2 shots 2 bucks.  One down inside 30 yards the other down in 60.

The impressive thing about them is the way they fly and they have a lifetime guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back, I dragged out some old Bear razorheads (approx. 1965 vintage) and wiped out a 9 point buck with a complete pass-through and a super healthy blood trail. The bow was set at 55#. With a few exceptions, I think we worry way too much about which broadhead to use. Given adequate poundage, and a well tuned, straight flying arrow, there aren't a whole lot of selections that won't do the job.

Doc

... With a few exceptions, I think we worry way too much about which broadhead to use. Given adequate poundage, and a well tuned, straight flying arrow, there aren't a whole lot of selections that won't do the job.

Doc

I would agree with that.

I am sticking with Muzzys this year. I know mech's have come a long way but I like fixed heads.