Feral pig picture

Kludes

Feral pig in Marion and is said to be 300lbs and under a year old....now I wanna see a porker get 300lbs in under a year.....more witnesses said pig in picture isn't pig they have seen further on it says looks to be a breed that escaped a pen long ago.....outta times of Wayne county

dec supposedly looked at it,checked teeth,and could tell she hadnt had any little oinkers yet,have a buddy who was hunting it also,couldnt get it in close enough for a bow shot,they say there is still aboar out there,good way to fill the freezer

It takes a few generations of them breeding in the wild to start reverting back to that wild boar type image we think of when we hear wild pig. This one could have been first or second generation feral hog and still looked like Farmer Joe's prize winning pig. Maybe it is an escaped farm pig, but who cares, at least its not roaming around breeding in the wild.

I know they say that there are some wild pigs running around in NY, but will these things really survive a NY winter? I think any snow over a foot and a half and they're dead, look how low to the ground they are.
They survive in Russia's winters quite well. Besides, being low to the ground means they can sniff out food and get to it under the snow better. Edited by Doewhacker

The snow won't bother them at all. Their Russian cousins and the European strain all of our domestic pigs came from were once wild and Europe has snow. I have seen pics taken by my B-I-L of trails down by Cortland and the Pig trails were right through the deep snow.

I guess they just power through the snow like bison?

I gotta admit that there are many animals I would leave alone in the woods but a pig ain't one of them. I would kill the crap out of one of them! lol

lol

I gotta admit that there are many animals I would leave alone in the woods but a pig ain't one of them. I would kill the crap out of one of them! lol

You got that right, Doe. Some people like to shoot chipmunks, porcupines, etc. and seem to be proud of themselves, but since I have NO interest in eating anything like that, they will continue to live if they wander my way. A pig won't be so lucky. I see a pig and I see pork chops!! Mmmm, yummy!

You got that right, Doe. Some people like to shoot chipmunks, porcupines, etc. and seem to be proud of themselves, but since I have NO interest in eating anything like that, they will continue to live if they wander my way. A pig won't be so lucky. I see a pig and I see pork chops!! Mmmm, yummy!

Hmmm...bacon!