for those of you who....

growalot

yep Mr B does a better job on the shoulders than I and He was the one that pointed it out to me...he just cut away a big chunk around it...made the dogs happy...I was surprised the one in his neck.... I found when skinning.... wasn't infected...it was pretty deep.... one G2 was broken at tip and his right brow tine was broken

Yesterday morning in Canadice I saw a HOG of a 10 point that looked to have some blood on his neck. He was about 45 yards and I had a good look at him.

I still have no explanation for the dead buck lying 15 yards from my big bodied brute on the 28th of October. He had no visible trauma and I flipped him over to check. I guess he was hit by a car but who knows??

Last year's deer was a mess. I finally theorized that he got the crap kicked out of him and then had some kind of encounter with some toothy critter that took afew chunks of meat out of his rump area. The wounds look like a combination of things. LOL .... No that messed up rear is not the result of a sloppy gutting job. That's the way he was when I finally got up to him.

post-11-0-87864600-1321131812_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-22527500-1321131827_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-58839900-1321131842_thumb.jpg

Doc..The deer's rear end damage was defintily the result of a canine attack.. May have been a domestic dog or a coyote..

I would guess a dog..I suspect a coyote would have pressed the attack and there would have been much more damage done.. Just my opinion based on seeing the result of several canid attacks on deer and domestic animals..