Question regarding polls

Political Polling  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been polled (politically)?

So, we hear endlessly about polls. President's job approval poll, candidates polls, polls regarding American sentiment, etc, etc. I consider myself somewhat of a news hound and a registered voter since forever. I have never once in my life ever been "polled" for anything. How does that even work, phone calls, emails, knock on the door? Am I an outlier and everyone else gets polled? Am I the ugly girl at the high school dance that nobody wants to poll?

Full disclosure - I have participated in the annual antler restriction and crossbow poll here on this site. 

I thought I'd start a poll to find out.

6632a3a8fbace996d04509170c4b62d3.jpg&key=1e0aea63b733dd0b0bb6911430f94c3cc442545575864164cfdeda1d8ae84bc2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do think that is very accurate, especially the silent part. So many things today are racist (I respect the flag, cops are good for society, I don’t feel privleud)that I will just wait to speak inside the booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I was polled over the phone a few months ago.  My wife never picks up calls from unkown callers, but I often do for my own entertainment and to tie them up so they can't bother others.    The woman was very polite and I don't recall what organization she was from.    I believe her call was mostly concerned with the upcoming replacement election for a former Washington Congress rep for our district.     She went over many issues, explaining both sides.   My views were 100 % for the Republican side.     Most of it seemed like common sense to me.  For example,  I don't have a clue why anyone would support abortion.   How can anyone believe that a criminal would abide by the additional gun-control laws ?       

What I liked about the poll is that it made me realize that there is not a single issue where my views align with the Democratic party.   

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3

I get called every election. Most of the time they even ask if i am free for 5 minutes, or do i need a different time for them to call. I have no idea how I got on a call list, but I enjoy doing them. I usually get a call for current events a couple times a year. Obviously , a month ago it was my thoughts about the virus. They cut the poll off when I disagreed with the lockdown. I feel this is how they skew the numbers sometimes.

• Like 3

I have been polled in the past, but it's been over 10 years since the last one.  I think they log your name as left or right and don't call you if they are looking to show results that are fixed.  Personally, since Trump was elected when all the polls said Hillary would win by a mile, I think they are all fixed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

I have been polled in the past, but it's been over 10 years since the last one.  I think they log your name as left or right and don't call you if they are looking to show results that are fixed.  Personally, since Trump was elected when all the polls said Hillary would win by a mile, I think they are all fixed.

That had to hurt the dems, "No need to vote this thing is in the bag!"