brenneke slugs vs. remington

mxsmitz201

Put some rounds through my remington 1100, brand new shotgun has only gone through a handful of rounds before today.

I was shooting brennekes classic magnum and regular remington slugs at 100yds with iron sights. The groups with the brennekes were quite remarkable to say the least where as the remington rounds were scattered all over.

Shooting 3 shots per group this is what the brennekes produced time after time. Mind you I was shooting at a white piece of paper intended for rifles with high powered scope so at 100yds I was aimimg for the center of the paper as best I could. Started to pour so we quit early and didn't have a chance to sight the gun properly. Anyone have any preference as to what ammo they prefer? Obviously I'm more favorable towards the brennekes than remington haha

post-547-0-38660200-1321473578_thumb.jpg

It all depends on what shoots good out of your gun. You could have 2 of the same gun and they might shoot differently with the same ammo. Personally, I would sight it in at 50 yards, especially with iron sights, pick the ammo that groups the best and then shoot at 100 to see where they hit so you can adjust your shots past 50.

You obviously have the accuracy..

Don't worry about the performance of the Brenneke slugs..

They will get the job done.. Im my opinion they a FAR superior to foster type slugs, and this opinion is based on shooting a few dozen deer with each type.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...