Nomad vs. the world

Nomad

Well that was easy, five minutes on the phone with my CC company to dispute the charge and I got a full chargeback .

So that’s the correct path UPS, and PayPal not so much, although some have had luck with PP. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Well I already got my Presto , from Rural King . That one is nice, but we’ve got a glass top stove, and that one doesn’t ship till November , and by then who knows how back ordered they’ll be .

Each news story about the bad economy ,drives more to see the value of being prepared now .

• Like 1

Less we forget, we're in a trade war with China at the moment.  I ordered a face mask and a pair of shorts almost 3 months ago.  Still haven't received them.  When I checked, it was shipped out a week after I ordered them.  I'm told everything coming from China is being "quarantined" before being released.  Crazy considering the virus doesn't survive more than 3 days tops on a hard surface.
Has anyone received the packet of seeds sent from somewhere in China? My daughter received two packets and returned them to the post office. Is this another way for them to create chaos in the US?
If you do receive anything DO NOT PLANT THEM! Send back to your local post office.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Otto said:

Has anyone received the packet of seeds sent from somewhere in China? My daughter received two packets and returned them to the post office. Is this another way for them to create chaos in the US?
If you do receive anything DO NOT PLANT THEM! Send back to your local post office.

heard about this on the radio today. WTF now?  They said every state in the US has had them sent to them and USDA says not to plant them.  2020 continues.......

34 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well I already got my Presto , from Rural King . That one is nice, but we’ve got a glass top stove, and that one doesn’t ship till November , and by then who knows how back ordered they’ll be .

Each news story about the bad economy ,drives more to see the value of being prepared now .

Yeah, I know. Had to take the opportunity to poke the bear though...lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Otto said:

This has been on the NEWS for a couple days . Spread the word . It could be another invasive species .

New post on Wayne County Soil & Water Conservation District

cropped-lighter-logo.jpg?resize=32%2C32&

Statement From Commissioner Ball regarding unsolicited packages allegedly sent from China

by m@ppleby

seeds.pngNew York Dept. of Agriculture Commissioner Ball warns about mysterious seeds sent from China

“Our office has received questions from a few New Yorkers who have received unsolicited packages allegedly sent from China that are marked as containing jewelry (or other items) but which actually contain plant seeds. Similar packages have been received in other states and the United States Department of Agriculture is investigating. People who receive seeds should not plant or handle the seeds. They should store them safely in a place children and pets cannot access and email USDA immediately at [email protected] for instructions. Seeds imported into the United States are rigorously tested to ensure quality and prevent the introduction of invasive species, insects, and diseases. We will continue to monitor this issue and will pass along guidance as it is received from USDA.”

*Note to newsrooms: Please advise consumers to email USDA with their full names and telephone numbers, pictures of the package and any other relevant information. 

m@ppleby | July 30, 2020 at 2:49 pm | URL: https://waynecountynysoilandwater.org/?p=7888
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Otto said:

They were actually quite tasty .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucky is right ! Both of our doorbells work and they never get used with any delivery . Not too long ago , it was reported that a vehicle was following a UPS truck . Someone got the license number and reported it to the police . Never saw anything in the local paper so I don't know if it was true or a made up BS story .

We have a Ring camera with a chime that tells us when something sets it off. Records any events and let’s us know someone is walking up even before they get too close.  Kind of a pain with 3am raccoons though....

• Haha 1