He's still alive!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Saw the buck in my avatar bedded out in a picked cornfield on the way home from work tonight (with spotlight)!!! This is the first time that I've seen him since mid-September. I've been hunting him all gun season just hoping to catch him leaving the anti-hunter neighbor's woods to come feed in the cloverfield that I'm set up on. So far he's been a no show. Hadn't heard of anyone killing him so I was hopeful that he was still around. Anyways, I'm super excited to see him alive and well. Maybe he'll make a mistake before the 20th. If not, hopefully I can snag his sheds (got one of them from last year). Dang, he'll be a monster next year...

PICT0096-1rr.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

WNY Bowhunter.

Just be sure your not 500 feet from a dwelling or in possession of a firearm while spotlighting, as per the several tickets that the DEC issued and published for this crime. Awesome Bucks BTW. Good Luck.

Edited by 88GW

All of these pics are from the same property. The funny thing is that there is almost no form of QDM being practiced in this area...these guys have just managed to get by on their own. At last count I believe I had pics of 10 bucks at this particular property that were 3.5 or older and several nice 2.5's too. Hopefully, a bunch of these deer are still roaming the woods. I can't wait to start shed hunting in a few weeks...

PICT0292-1.jpg

PICT0012rtt.jpg

PICT0027ss.jpg

IM000405dfd.jpg

IM000480dfd.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Sometimes all it takes is three seasons of a buck hiding in the anti hunters (neighbors) sanctuary and there you go. Either that, or some folks letting them walk a couple years can get those deer to grow nicely. Clearly food and genetics are not an issue. Any way it sliced, deer gotta live a few years to reach that beautiful level. Great deer and great pics.

Believe me man, I'm trying to!!! There aren't any fences around these deer...they know where to hide onces the guns start going off. If it were that easy they would have all be killed as yearlings. My main problem has been I have access to these deers feeding grounds but not the bedding areas where I might see them during legal shooting hours...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

oh ok, maybe during the late ML season with less pressure? Good Luck man!

He was bedded last night in a small cornfield (posted up tight) that is only seperated by a hedgerow from the cloverfield where I been waiting for him for the past two weeks with my 7-08. I just bought a new scope for my muzzleloader. I hope to get her fine tuned this weekend. Maybe, he'll mess up and come out a little early one of these mornings/nights but it's doubtful. Honestly, at this point..I'd be just as happy seeing him around next year as I would putting my tag on him this year.

Good luck to you too if you still have your late bow/muzzle either sex tag.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter