How Times Have Changed

Pygmy

31 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

When I was growing up on the farm,  we kept a bucket of white corncobs and a bucket of red corncobs in the outhouse...

You would wipe with a couple of RED corncobs, and then you would wipe with a WHITE corncob to see if you needed to use any more red corncobs...

Just how old are you?? Did you go to high school with Moses?

• Haha 1

They just give point money at the banquet. Someone gets a plaque for being sportsman of the year, and someone gets one for being elected in the club hall of fame. I have never won the league with my partner or with my dad when he was alive.

Back when I was younger I used to go to tournaments and won a bunch of trophies at them. they all went in the garage at my father's house. He loved the trophies, I preferred the money. Keep in mind, this is all handicapped. I am far from the top flight of pitchers.

8 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Grampy, would these be the boards you were thinking about? I've made several sets,  all were donations. I don't think I would make much selling them as they take too long to make and you can buy them for around$150 a set. 

20200422_183536.jpg

Yes Tim! That is the one I was thinking of!! I remembered the thread, just not who did it???  Old age excuse........

You do beautiful work sir.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Just how old are you?? Did you go to high school with Moses?

When I went to first grade ( kindergarten hadn't been invented yet)   Christ was a carpenter and Moby Dick was a minnow...

• Haha 1

Many firehouses in the city I worked for still have horseshoe pits, none have “ cornhole “ ....

so awhile back at neighborhood party the Mrs and I kicked all the young kids ass in cornhole ,she never played before and I maybe 2x . 
It’s basically horseshoes for the weak and inept.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Many firehouses in the city I worked for still have horseshoe pits, none have “ cornhole “ ....

so awhile back at neighborhood party the Mrs and I kicked all the young kids ass in cornhole ,she never played before and I maybe 2x . 
It’s basically horseshoes for the weak and inept.

Damn  !!...That means I'd probably be GOOD at it  !!   I tend to excel at sports in two categories....."Weak and inept" and" old and infirm"....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1