How Times Have Changed

Pygmy

My next door neighbors are out in thier backyard playing cornhole.....

Twenty years ago that would have meant .....Farmer Brown and his boys are filling up the corn crib,  OR  I live next door to a  somewhat indiscreet male gay couple......

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, Lawdwaz said:

The name of that game always was disturbing to me. 

Who in the heck gave it that name? Must have been Farmer Brown or those two guys, Michael Fitzpatrick and his "friend" Patrick Fitzmichael.........

Same here.  I like horseshoes and jarts a lot better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

20 years ago they would be playing horse shoes ,nobody pitches shoes anymore.

There is a shortage of horse shoes..The Amish wear them down to nothing trotting  Ol' Sparky around on the asphalt..

Speaking of ASSphalt, there we go back to the indiscreet gay male couple...<<SIGH>>...

23 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

There is a shortage of horse shoes..The Amish wear them down to nothing 

I am starting a collection.  My grandad got rid of his last team of horses in 1950 when he got his first tractor (a John Deere M).  I found this shoe (hanging from the collar) while I was planting corn this spring.

20200829_200735.jpg

• Like 2

Back in the day you sure as Hell did not want to be known as a "Cornholer" , "Bungholer" a term which actually fit the deed better was another used. Gay is another word that was used commonly when I was kid now means something totally different.

I played ball with a fellow whose last name is Gay, I am betting he is not too happy these days. The poor guy had a wife that can only be described as a psycho that brow beat him with no mercy. This guy was also a hunter and frequented the sporting goods store I worked in back then. He came in one day with that Wench wife of his in tow and she was squawking up a storm telling him he is not to spend a red cent and to make her point clear she came over to me and started, "under no circumstance was I to sell him anything!!" I in turn yelled over to him just kidding "if she was my wife she would be in a body cast. She really went into orbit then, instead of taking it out on me she ran over to him and got in his face screeching if he ever hit her she would have him arrested!:umnik: Good Lord!!

Al

35 minutes ago, grampy said:

There are now even Corn Hole Championships!!!

Just imagine..... being Corn Hole World Champion!!!

Actually it's similar to football...The stars are  often tight ends or wide recievers... The tight ends tend to  be more POPULAR, however..

Edited by Pygmy
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm not real familiar with the rules. Do you get points if you are the closest to the cornhole? Or only when you get it in the cornhole?

I don't know, as I'm a horseshoe pitcher, not a cornholio.

I'm not sure either, Grampy, but I suspect that a RINGER is not a perfect shot....

1608b53e10b98b40a75b828f8721a4ec.jpg

“Tossing bags” (have fun with that!!!!) is a great way to spend a summer evening especially on a homemade set.
3 points in the hole
1 point for every bag on the board.

Alternate shot- your opponent’s bags reduce your score every round

Your welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

15 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Same here.  I like horseshoes and jarts a lot better.

I have the 4 Jarts but not the rings . I could probably pick up a couple of Hula Hoops at the dollar store for the rings . Jarts were dangerous when played with a few drinkers ! 

The fact that there's a thread about "corn-holing" is sort of disturbing.

Corn hole threads, milking machines for sale, music videos, politics gone wild, chest girth charts, a store that doesn't sell anything.........

Explain again how this place is different from FaceBook, Instagram, and adult sites?

:crazy:

5 hours ago, First-light said:

Back in the day corn cob was used to wipe your ass!

When I was growing up on the farm,  we kept a bucket of white corncobs and a bucket of red corncobs in the outhouse...

You would wipe with a couple of RED corncobs, and then you would wipe with a WHITE corncob to see if you needed to use any more red corncobs...

• Haha 1