EHD outbreak in NY?

ANTLERS

This really sucks...anyone know if and how this spreads? Will the localized area develop more immunity and will some of that immunity spread out further?!

Does it reinfect the same area year after year? Do me areas get affected that are touching previous areas?

Are you guys still hunting your properties affected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, crappyice said:

This really sucks...anyone know if and how this spreads? Will the localized area develop more immunity and will some of that immunity spread out further?!

Does it reinfect the same area year after year? Do me areas get affected that are touching previous areas?

Are you guys still hunting your properties affected?

I won't be

Wonder if this explains the low deer numbers I've been seeing on the trail cameras this year and the dead mature buck skeleton I came across. 

Whereabouts are you?
I know of a confirmed case (carcass was tested) in North Salem in Mountain Lakes Park. Too close for comfort

• Like 1

Whereabouts are you?
I know of a confirmed case (carcass was tested) in North Salem in Mountain Lakes Park. Too close for comfort

Damnit you shut your mouth! Stay away from my honeyhole EHD!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Whereabouts are you?

I hunt down in Columbia County, so this is like 2 counties over.

I've been tracking 5 deer on my property this year, significantly less than prior years. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:42 PM, crappyice said:

So sensitive...after I shared one of your posts with a deer manager who was called to collect a EHD specimen, he replied “If there's truth to that he's either in another state or deer are dropping dead and no one is reporting it to the DEC.”
I know this guy for 8 years as a biologist and a deer management manager. I still tend to believe him over some random pics from a random guy.

I have reports, but was waiting for crappy’s deer manager friend, to tell us something about the herd. Also, if it were a buck skeleton you found, It had to be a deer from last year.

The lack of deer you’re noticing while driving the roads, where for years, there used to be fields full and the lack of trail cam pics and sightings, has to do with acorns and The affects of the moon phase.

Also, I hear, this year, deer are migrating north to the Adirondacks,  to escape the effects of urban sprawl and the invasion of Biden/Harris voters, from the city..  strange year, it’s been.

Edited by Yorehntr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s the death process caught on camera in 3N. Five hours, of standing drinking, then bedding every two minutes before death.                                      

The Body found in these pictures  was exactly Eight  Days old. You can see, even in the cooler days of late September, as opposed to August. This deer has been reduced greatly,  and is already, partly skeletonized.

1C2EBC93-ED4B-4133-A57E-5375C219A4DE.thumb.jpeg.c1406d35bb26270a8dc243e707bfeec7.jpeg

47D1103D-9E91-4E25-ADE8-A7F7AD5E57D5.jpeg

14E893B4-2F32-49D5-B63D-6B0DA388024A.jpeg

DC3DC159-CC71-467C-A4EE-CB5091013C93.jpeg

Edited by Yorehntr

I have reports, but was waiting for crappy’s deer manager friend, to tell us something about the herd. Also, if it were a buck skeleton you found, It had to be a deer from last year.

The lack of deer you’re noticing while driving the roads, where there used to be fields full and the lack of trail cam pics and sightings, has to do with acorns and The affects of the moon phase

Not sure why you are quoting me from weeks back.

• Like 1

You have close ties , to a deer manager of our area, that apparently didn’t know About hundreds of dead being reported. 
thought maybe he’d know something by now? It’s been awhile.

“Our area?”

He was the one who told me of the confirmed case in North Salem and that is what I reported above. Are you implying that the cases are running wild through Westchester and he is hiding that information?

This is what your friend told you about the information I brought here  “ If there's truth to that he's either in another state or deer are dropping dead and no one is reporting it to the DEC.”

we know both to not be true, because shortly after, the DEC reported that 750 dead Were discovered.

I just find it odd , that someone that manages the herd, for a living,  became aware of what’s happening, from my post..

Edited by Yorehntr
  • Like 2

This is what your friend told you about the information I brought here  “ If there's truth to that he's either in another state or deer are dropping dead and no one is reporting it to the DEC.”
we know both to not be true, because shortly after, the DEC reported that 750 dead Were discovered.
I just find it odd , that someone that manages the herd, for a living,  became aware of what’s happening, from my post..

Ahha..I thought I recognized the “I told you so” tone in your post. I am good at picking that up since I deal with Middle School kids for a living.

Look all the way back. I was the first one looking for valid trusted source in the DEC. You and your pals (all new to the forum) were raining down fire and brimstone the likes we have never seen in NY. Was I suspect- sure.
Has it been proven to be as bad as you were saying...yup and that sucks.

How long ago was that quote? Was EHD as spread as it is now? No.
Was it in the lands he manages? Nope
Did he hear from other managers? Nope
Was he suspect of the initial reports I shared? Yup
Is he now hearing from other managers/DEC.....yup and that sucks-still.

The fact that you are loving that this now spreading so you can say “I told you so,” to those initially skeptical is a sad comment on you IMHO. I just wish it would go away with a hard frost but to each their own.

• Like 1

Here’s the death process caught on camera in 3N. Five hours, of standing drinking, then bedding every two minutes before death.                                      

The Body found in these pictures  was exactly Eight  Days old. You can see, even in the cooler days of late September, as opposed to August. This deer has been reduced greatly,  and is already, partly skeletonized.

1C2EBC93-ED4B-4133-A57E-5375C219A4DE.thumb.jpeg.c1406d35bb26270a8dc243e707bfeec7.jpeg
47D1103D-9E91-4E25-ADE8-A7F7AD5E57D5.thumb.jpeg.0aef805ef4b152a7b693bb8314731510.jpeg
14E893B4-2F32-49D5-B63D-6B0DA388024A.thumb.jpeg.437aace4aa1afac701461b1b136ad733.jpeg
DC3DC159-CC71-467C-A4EE-CB5091013C93.thumb.jpeg.ca67f1df35fcde7c7943d0feab0bbdf1.jpeg

Sucks. What town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Ahha..I thought I recognized the “I told you so” tone in your post. I am good at picking that up since I deal with Middle School kids for a living.

Look all the way back. I was the first one looking for valid trusted source in the DEC. You and your pals (all new to the forum) were raining down fire and brimstone the likes we have never seen in NY. Was I suspect- sure.
Has it been proven to be as bad as you were saying...yup and that sucks.

How long ago was that quote? Was EHD as spread as it is now? No.
Was it in the lands he manages? Nope
Did he hear from other managers? Nope
Was he suspect of the initial reports I shared? Yup
Is he now hearing from other managers/DEC.....yup and that sucks-still.

The fact that you are loving that this now spreading so you can say “I told you so,” to those initially skeptical is a sad comment on you IMHO. I just wish it would go away with a hard frost but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone 

No, I don’t love the spread of EHD, just the opportunity to point egg on people’s faces, that deserve it.

The town in 3N, where the pics came from is Beacon.

No, I don’t love the spread of EHD, just the opportunity to point egg on people’s faces, that deserve it.
The town in 3N, where the pics came from is Beacon.

Oh I didn’t 3N went that far north. I thought it was Putnam county only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here’s another update from the manager who runs our program in 3S...still good news for us at this point
118d5729a0512f565dfb786cdb00427f.jpg

• Like 1