Last hour of Season Doe

NYBowhunter

With no sign of a decent buck on the last 3 days of the season I opted to take to this doe on the last hour of the season. The sign for does and fawns were incredible on all three afternoons from Friday to Sunday, my Unvle and I were seeing anywhere from 12-20 doe and fawns within a 3 hour afternoon sit.Heres the story of my hunt, It was Sunday and I had already passed on 5 other smaller does and fawns when this ole girl came strolling in to feed under some apple trees. She stood slightly quartering to me 100 yards out, I placed the cross hairs on her chest and let the 06 bark, The bullet found its mark and the doe jump up in the air, but to my amazement I can see her run about 75 yards and then she was out of sight. I went to where she was first hit and the blood was easily evident in the snow and the blood trail was incredible.What really amazed me is that she went about100 yards up hill before she expired. Upon gutting and skinning her I was amazed to find that I had taken out her heart, lungs and her off shoulder was completely destroyed. This really reinforces how strong these animals are. She was an ole doe and looked the part. I have not taken a doe in years, but glad I did as we needed meat for the freezer and by the number of the deer we have been seeing a little thinning of the herd was needed.

post-14-0-36396300-1323738346_thumb.jpg