Bought some land

Geno C

Congrats Geno...Oh what a feelin! Now you get to spend all your money on a cabin,a driveway,plots,machines the never ending list,LOL But it's the best! Good luck!

lol im sure... im already looking into a bunch of stuff. im sure it will keep me buisy, cant wait tho actually

congratulations and good luck. i've had my land for three years now and i can tell you that owning my own land has dramatically increased my anticipation and enjoyment of each hunting season. sure beats stressing out each year about figuring out a place to go and wondering how many other hunters you'll encounter.

Good for you Geno. Nice potential. Looks like good deer harvest numbers up there. Now you'll get to experience that extra special feeling harvesting a deer off you're own property. Good Luck on your success.

exactly, to harvest off my own slice of heaven is going to be something to remember! and im looking forward to the moment

I assume your plots will go in where the old hayfields were? That would be similar to my plots in that the plots hug up against some huge pine trees. Deer love to stage up and feel comfortable under the pines before they venture into the plots, also use the pines for cover and bedding during heavy snow.Attached picture of my plot, similar to what I think you would be doing??

Looks like some nice property, good luck with getting everything set up. Congrats!!! Nice having your own area to hunt... Anyone familiar with Hope NY? I found a couple of houses I might end up moving into depening on a few things at home... And IF I can find work up thier...

I assume your plots will go in where the old hayfields were? That would be similar to my plots in that the plots hug up against some huge pine trees. Deer love to stage up and feel comfortable under the pines before they venture into the plots, also use the pines for cover and bedding during heavy snow.Attached picture of my plot, similar to what I think you would be doing??

yup i will be planting corn, purple top turnips and sudden impact in that field. Ill do a variety, i will also do a clearing in the woods where i will plant some biologic maximum

yup i will be planting corn, purple top turnips and sudden impact in that field. Ill do a variety, i will also do a clearing in the woods where i will plant some biologic maximum

Best of luck, sounds like a solid plan. It seems that you have done some research. You may also want to set aside some land and put in a ladino clover plot just so you have a piece for deer to browse on year round...Please dont skip the most important step of this process, be sure to get that soil tested and get that needed lime into the ground well before any planned plantings....enjoy....

Best of luck, sounds like a solid plan. It seems that you have done some research. You may also want to set aside some land and put in a ladino clover plot just so you have a piece for deer to browse on year round...Please dont skip the most important step of this process, be sure to get that soil tested and get that needed lime into the ground well before any planned plantings....enjoy....

absolutely, soil test is key and the amount of lime and fert as well... what i was going to do was all annuals for the first few plantings, the biologic sudden impact is a perennial but ill try it anyway. I figured id till up the maximum or sudden impact in august or so and replant with either more maximum or another blend to take the food source through the winter months.