First bucks of 2012

WNY Bowhunter

This is one of the 2 year old bucks on the farm that I really wanted to see survive for another season. He made a great jump in growth from his first set of antlers.

9-6-11.jpg

He was a regular visitor to my apple tree cam set-up all fall but disappeared in mid-October with no sightings since then. I figured he was dead.

HUNT0481-1dfd.jpg

I was very surprised to see him show up again!!! He's the first shed buck of the season. Can't wait to see what he turns into this year...

PICT0504gg.jpg

Last year he shed early too.

003-1.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

This is the other 2 year old. He's probably my favorite trailcam buck of all time. Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped that this guy made it through another season!!! He was #1 on my "please don't get killed list".

IMAG0270ttfgf.jpg

IMAG0078277dd.jpg

IMAG0079kkj-1.jpg

I've seen him several times since early december while spotlighting but haven't gotten any pics of him since early september. Went to take my cameras down tyesterday and BINGO...finally got him. He's pretty busted up...but alive and well. I am super pumped to see what he'll blossom into as a 3 year old!!!

PICT0295ff.jpg

PICT0302gg.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

LFN is going to blow up this year you watch and see, I agree with wooly even though the deer does look likethe same buck its hard to believe he jumped that much in one year but maybe, if that is the case man o man watch out 2013

I'm 100% positive that they are the same deer!!!

In late December of 2010 a bachelor group of three yearling bucks showed up on my cams during post-season scouting. These three bucks stayed together all throughout the summer. This particular deer started off pretty unimpressively.

Here he is on 7/3. I didn't think that he was going to be anything too great at this point. LFN was already a mainframe 8-pt with droptines beginning to form...

IMAG0092.jpg

By the end of August he had proved me wrong! I'm really looking foward to seeing what he is going to do this summer as a 3 year old. I'm thinking that he's gonna be pretty wide.

IMAG0050ff.jpg

Here's the other member of the trio that I called "Crab-Claw". He was a great looking 8-pt. as a yearling with really good brows. I though he was going to be heck of a two year old.

Summer of 2010 (buck in lower left corner)...

IMAG0079hh.jpg

Summer of 2011. I was thinking he was going to do a lot more...

IMAG0073-1.jpg

I guess that it just goes to show that you never know what a buck is going to do rackwise unless he gets a fews years under his belt!!!

Edited by WNY Bowhunter