Marlin lever .22?

I know ruger bought marlin,but did they stop making/selling the .22 lever guns? I've been looking around and can't find one there's plenty of henry's out there.There not even listed on there website anymore.The only real reason i want the marlin is i already have a peep sight for it and i'm not looking to spend another $100 on one for a henry. I've been goggle'n around and can't find any info on it. 

3 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Someone told me some of the older model 39s were worth money,,,Not sure if thats true....

I got close to $800 for my Dads Marlin 25-20 lever action , it was from the late 1800s though . Three number serial number that started with 1 .

Idk if you consider $800 a lot of money 

Edited by Nomad

The Marlin 39 has been out of production for some time now, it is probably a victim of being a very high quality firearm whose price point for profitable sales took it out of the marketplace. They got to be pretty expensive compared to the main competition, "Henry." I would not let that deter me if I had my heart set on one. Mint condition used examples and some even new in the box will turn up from time to time in gun shops, also online outfits like Guns America or Guns International will have them for sale and when the Gun Shows come back it is a good bet one can be found there. I was in the same boat looking for a Savage 99 A in 250-3000, it took me awhile but I finally scored. Also do not discount Ruger bringing that model back once they get Marlin production set.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

The Marlin 39 has been out of production for some time now, it is probably a victim of being a very high quality firearm whose price point for profitable sales took it out of the marketplace. They got to be pretty expensive compared to the main competition, "Henry." I would not let that deter me if I had my heart set on one. Mint condition used examples and some even new in the box will turn up from time to time in gun shops, also online outfits like Guns America or Guns International will have them for sale and when the Gun Shows come back it is a good bet one can be found there. I was in the same boat looking for a Savage 99 A in 250-3000, it took me awhile but I finally scored. Also do not discount Ruger bringing that model back once they get Marlin production set.
Al

The problem around here right now is the price gouging. These guys went from $20 for background check to $60-100 forget about shipping something in or out. I’m the type that doesn’t forget when it’s over and they need the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned a 39 a (1950s production for many years. It may rankle the Henry owners, but once you have handled/shot a 39, the Henrys just arent in the running (yes, I have owned, handled and shot the Henrys).. Wonderful craftmanship, smooth as silk, dependable and accurate. You have never been able to find many used simply because once you have one, you never get rid of it. 

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

The problem around here right now is the price gouging. These guys went from $20 for background check to $60-100 forget about shipping something in or out. I’m the type that doesn’t forget when it’s over and they need the business.

Problem is .. as I was told . Price gouging  on transfers is illegal.  Will have to look into it 

• Like 1

https://safeact.ny.gov/resources-gun-dealers
This is all I could find at the moment ... apparently  there charging handling fees and such.

Your right I forgot all about that,but I’m not fighting with these so called “mom & pop” shops that I tried to support. $55 for a box of 22’s right now. I’m heading upstate in a few weeks and going to try a few up there or the bass pro in Utica.