Any ground blind hunters

luberhill

It depends on your crossbow

I killed one from a pop-up ground blind in 2018, freehand with a 20 yard broadside shot.  That was a piece of cake with my well-balanced, easy-handling Barnett Recruit.  

If I had my front-heavy Centerpoint Sniper in there, I would have surely appreciated a tripod.

You have given me a good idea for crossbow season.  I have a couple decent looking foodplots this year that area long way from any stand.  They were really intended for late ML season, and in range of my bedroom window with that weapon.

I think I will stake down my popup blind out there after work tomorrow, in a spot for a 20 yard shot with my Recruit.  That will give me a good spot to sit if it rains and the wind is right.  It will be better if the deer have a few days to get used to it. 

• Like 1

I hunt on the ground but I do not use a blind, any shot I take I always try to use some kind of rest, sitting or kneeling I will use my knee if I can for a rest. Using trees can help for a rest, they help a lot giving a much more solid semi offhand shot, I in fact used that method on last year's Deer. That being said I will and have no problem taking an offhand shot as long as I have confidence in making it. I hunt mostly in fairly wooded cover so most shots I get are short (50 yds would probably be average) and not hard as long as I have a clear view.

Al

Edited by airedale