pistol permit

Red

i took the pistol permit course a while back and tonite im filling out the form and gonna do my references tomorrow i was wondering if anyone has done their pistol permit in erie county in the past year or 2 and if so how long did it take from the time you handed in the application to the time you got your permit if you got it. thanks guys

I'd be darned surprised if it took 6 months. One friend got his about a year ago and it took over a year. Another friend & his wife are in the process right now. I'm not sure how long it has been.

28 years for me as a permit holder in Erie County. Took me 8 LONG months back then!!

they rescently lowered the erie county application fee from $120 down $20 i was very pleased to see this when i got my new application the other day.

Watch these counties Red. Monroe did something similiar and it ended up meaning there were just multiple fees. Finger printing....filing...background checks...pictures.

I filed mine in Monroe County last May 5th and they said 9 -12 months. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived mid September. I think the total fee was around $130

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

thats exactly what i was thinking its a good way to make it look cheaper at first. $20 for the application fee $10 for pics then filing fees and finger printing it will probably end up being similar to your $130. im not sure yet if im gonna file for hunting and concealed when i had it in tomorrow or thursday or if im gonna file for hunting and target first then after i get the permit file for concealed.

I said the hell with it and went for the full boat. It came through. I dont' know how bad you county is but If it were me I would go for it. I listed hunting, target and personal protection. I figured let them knock it back to restricted if they wnted but If I didn't ask I wouldn't get it.

Never would have gotten the full boat in Nassau County.

Not to hijack the thread but Monroe County has an odd rule. If you WORK in Monroe county you can apply for a permit here. You don't even have to live here but the references known for 3 years must live here. If some of you guys work here but live in bad areas for permits it might be something to consider.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I said the hell with it and went for the full boat. It came through. I dont' know how bad you county is but If it were me I would go for it. I listed hunting, target and personal protection. I figured let them knock it back to restricted if they wnted but If I didn't ask I wouldn't get it.

thats exactly how i was thinking about it. then yesterday i went to a couple local police station and got 2 dispositions from when i was younger one was from 12 yrs ago when i was 18 young a being dumb nothing serious then the other was from 6 years ago a bar brawl that i didnt have anything to do with but when the cops come and some one says a red head started it a 6'1 tatted up red head me is pulled by the police but thats over with lol im hoping that doesnt hinder me from getting a concealed. since that altercation ive gone to school and got a criminal justice degree and am pursuing becomming a police office im hoping this all helps weight out the crap when i was young.

I am a retired NYPD Detective now living in Greene County. Under HR 218 I can carry concealed in every state. Yet when I applied for a concealed carry permit in Greene County I was told it could take up to 8 months. Curious isn't?

Hey everyone, first time posting on this site. I was notified of this thread through Google Alerts. I own ftwny.com and I can not only provide any of the training that most counties require but I can help answer any question sthat anyone has or find the answer for you when it comes to NY and pistol permits as well as UT, FL and any other out of state CCW permits that you may be looking for. As for the original poster, contact me and I will be glad to help you out.

You can call at 716-903-2558

e-mail [email protected]

I am based in Erie county so I am very familiar with Erie and all of the surrounding counties. We also allow free sit ins on our classes for anyone wishing to learn or get a refresher. ONly those seeking a certificate to apply pay for the class

Thanks!

JIm

thats exactly how i was thinking about it. then yesterday i went to a couple local police station and got 2 dispositions from when i was younger one was from 12 yrs ago when i was 18 young a being dumb nothing serious then the other was from 6 years ago a bar brawl that i didnt have anything to do with but when the cops come and some one says a red head started it a 6'1 tatted up red head me is pulled by the police but thats over with lol im hoping that doesnt hinder me from getting a concealed. since that altercation ive gone to school and got a criminal justice degree and am pursuing becomming a police office im hoping this all helps weight out the crap when i was young.

I'm looking forward to the outcome of THIS application!! GOOD LUCK!!

Keep us posted and study hard in school.

I am a retired NYPD Detective now living in Greene County. Under HR 218 I can carry concealed in every state. Yet when I applied for a concealed carry permit in Greene County I was told it could take up to 8 months. Curious isn't?

Mike, why bother getting the permit?