Neighbor issue? Looking for your opinion?

DanielT

Well I just recently bought my dream house with 10 acres...I bowhunt only so its perfect....theres an old apple orchard and opens up to a hardwood ridge...beautiful...

So when I met the neighbor we hit it off...decided to work together making paths and plots.

Well original owner had given him permission to hunt....so we walked thr land and he showed me his favorite stand at the top of the hardwoods...he said it was mine now....he wasnt taking it down....

Now he has told me this is the spot..don't go up in old apple thicket behind my house because it's the bedding area....so i put some stands on perimeter and just below his old stand up in hardwoods....I haven't hunted that stand as it's on the line...

So I hunt just below it in edge thicket....see a few deer .....but not alot..

So i put a camera up in the old apple trees and in1 week got all these.....is neighbor playing me?

This was one week of pics

7f751bf47e404d8f691e7fcf2b7828ec.jpgd0ce41246afafcaf84f164491d68de8c.jpg0cd13ad83b3afb6fd808c39a31c29799.jpge7ff44ffaa6956d2f4b9c803bf410583.jpgd84f2b17add34a181e7a4d8b0b1613f3.jpgb10ae48a77f7355a9f719352e11e54ac.jpg607725de58ecf38d21831af56fe1725c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Everyone has their own style and ideas of the right way to hunt a chunk of land. It is yours now so hunt it anyway you like he is probably not playing you just has a different style of hunting.

Yeah , I would wait and see for a bit and assume he’s just giving you good honest Well intentioned advice But keep checking your pics in there , of course . If it’s too good to be true and you’re striking out , the. Give it a shot but not until you give outside the orchard but adjacent a solid chance . There’s no rush now  cuz hey, you own it !! 

Well it’s YOU’RE land so you can hunt how you want. When you put up your stand did you happen to scout it and see if indeed the deer are bedding down in the apple orchard 
Yes...I did scout a little....found 4 scrapes and 2 rubs....looks more like travel corridors to me...and they head right toward his food plot....
I believe bedding is in neighbor on ither sides land...he has 46 acres and doesn't hunt and doesnt allow hunting
Whenever I hunt up in hardwoods the few deer that come out... come in and out of his land

• Like 1

Prolly.not a bedding area but cuts off deer movement to his property.  If you can get in and hunt it with iut spooking deer then hunt it. 
Exactly....I put stand on south side of deer trails...so...south winds are the days for that stand

10 acres with 2 people hunting the area will scare deer out in a hurry if over hunted. 

He has his own 10 acres....he doesnt hunt over here......and he doesnt hunt his own much either...he has better land elsewhere...and a camp

• Like 1