Menu's

Dom

it;s a trademarked dish, originated at Nick Tahou's. It always has baked beans, macaroni salad, and fried potatoes, and is topped with a thin, beanless chili type sauce (I use venison, of course). The meat is optional with this, can be a hamburger or fried fish filet, but I think the original recipe was with red & white hot sausages.

http://rocwiki.org/Garbage_Plates

Come on man they are famous for that dish! lol

I bet anyone from Utica is familar with "Utica Greens"...I freakin love em, my old boss was from there and introduced me to them.

Had to look it up because i have never heard of that, looks good, real good

it;s a trademarked dish, originated at Nick Tahou's. It always has baked beans, macaroni salad, and fried potatoes, and is topped with a thin, beanless chili type sauce (I use venison, of course). The meat is optional with this, can be a hamburger or fried fish filet, but I think the original recipe was with red & white hot sausages.

http://rocwiki.org/Garbage_Plates

A plate doesnt always have any specific food, you get your choice of a ton of different things. I always get Mac salad, homefries, cheese burger topped with onions, mustard and extra hot sauce, then I slather it with Frank's Red Hot. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I can almost hear my arteries clogging up!

A plate doesnt always have any specific food, you get your choice of a ton of different things. I always get Mac salad, homefries, cheese burger topped with onions, mustard and extra hot sauce, then I slather it with Frank's Red Hot. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I can almost hear my arteries clogging up!

MMmmmm

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have used the word "always".

Last time I was there, I wasn't too busy studying the menu, I was more worried about getting out of there before it got dark. Could they be doing business in a shadier neighborhood? :fie:

At work we take lunch at 5pm, I have a little freezer full of venison that the guys and I share. Tonight, it's venison cheeseburgers on the grill. I put chopped up bacon (Raw) in the ground before I make the patties, it gives it a great taste. Everything should taste like bacon!

Last night it was home made sauerkraut...turkey Kielbasa.... quartered potatos boiled...beets..and fresh cooked carrots in a dash of wild honey....

Tonight....hhhmm .....baked Cod ...baked taters...brussel spouts and a tossed green salad

Then I can go with deer steaks marinated ...greenbeans with almonds and califlower and rice

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have used the word "always".

Last time I was there, I wasn't too busy studying the menu, I was more worried about getting out of there before it got dark. Could they be doing business in a shadier neighborhood? :fie:

I used to work right down the street. Its not a great spot, but its where they have always been. They just opened a second location on W Henn Rd. Actually, it looks like they bought out Henrietta Hots, which was opened by a guy that originally worked for Nicks.

They looked great on the grill.What did you marinade them in?also the creamed spinach is good.

I found a simple marinade online. Worcester sauce, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Was supposed to eat them Thursday nite but my mom in law made us eggplant parm and venison stew. So we ate that instead. But after marinading for two days the chops melted in my mouth last nite.