A Pleasant Surprise on a Knife Order

I wound up with a little bit of "birthday money" and decided I was going to treat myself to a new knife. After shopping around online a little bit last night, I came across what looked like a pretty good deal on a Case Folding Hunter at TSC. They even had it at my local store. I placed the order for curbside, and went to pick it up this morning. When they brought it out, all they had was the knife, no box, paperwork or sheath (which it was supposed to come with). I went ahead and took it and when I got home I called their customer service and explained what happened. Long story short, they called the store, which was totally uncooperative. So, customer service issued me a gift card worth almost what I paid for the knife (short by $4) and told me to keep the one I purchased. So, I ended up buying another nice LE bone Trapper online with the gift card. All in all, I came out pretty well on the deal. 

Here's a photo of the Folding Hunter, way bigger than anything I carry (my Case Cheetah is there for scale) but a really nice knife all the same. 

IMG_0845.jpeg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Team Hoyt said:

Love case knifes. They were originally made in my home town. Little Valley NY. Still have a couple of buildings, etc in the village from the case knife factories 

I’m kind of a non-serious collector. My dad and I have always gotten each other knives for birthdays and Christmas. It’s to the point now where we kind of pull knives from each of our collections to exchange. I got my birthday gift from him in the mail yesterday, and it was a Case “Boss” folder that me and my mom got him for Christmas probably 10 or 15 years ago. 

I collect knives that I’m not afraid to carry, with Case and Western being my favorite brands. 

• Like 1

I got into the old school knifes last year mostly trapper style knives. Lately my buck stockman has been finding its way into my pocket. I’m up at my house and have a few traps set. I get a smile every morning putting my case trapper in my pocket.
f34ee97cfe8df80f5fa792464057c8ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bought a couple case knives for my boys a few years ago and have them stashed away in my safe. They will be gifted to them once they pass their hunter safety class. Or if we venture down to PA and hunt before they can legally hunt in NY it will be given to them once they need to starting gutting their first deer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2