What's your bow holder?

Swamp_bucks

On 2/11/2021 at 1:11 AM, Swamp_bucks said:

What do you use on to hold your bow?  I hunt mainly public land so I cant screw anything into the trees.

Thinking of getting the third hand tree stand bow rest.  Any other ideas or input on this one?

Screenshot_20210211-010702_Chrome.jpg

I have one of those on one of my stands.. I'm not really a fan. I usually use one of those folding screw in bow holders like this...

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/hme-products-folding-bow-hanger-hme-fbh-1496583?cm_mmc=feed-_-GoogleShopping-_-Product-_-1496583&gclid=CjwKCAjw1JeJBhB9EiwAV612y_T8oDhq7_kUQSRx-onp1AnT6ECgp426W0R-qXsMJWUp5hAQZbknyxoCdpoQAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Had a similar one, lost it. Three hunters could be outfitted nicely with gear Ive lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s an offering to the hunting Gods, without one I’d never get a deer ! Yesterday I swapped cards and moved one ladderstand . I put my Maui Jim  sunglasses on my cap/ forehead , when I got to the truck no sunglasses . I figured I lost them between the truck and stand, so I back tracked ,and found them at the base of the tree I dropped the stand from .

IDK they were $250 so that’s a pretty good offering , I may have got a B&C this year had I not found them !

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It’s an offering to the hunting Gods, without one I’d never get a deer ! Yesterday I swapped cards and moved one ladderstand . I put my Maui Jim  sunglasses on my cap/ forehead , when I got to the truck no sunglasses . I figured I lost them between the truck and stand, so I back tracked ,and found them at the base of the tree I dropped the stand from .

IDK they were $250 so that’s a pretty good offering , I may have got a B&C this year had I not found them !

That's a good way of looking at it.. I have bow hangers all over the woods 20-30' in the air that I either meant to go back to, forgot, or was just to lazy to trek back  with a stand..

Maybe I will have to up my game .Leaving something  more valuable..lol

• Like 1

Ive lost some expensive ones too, most recently i left a pair on the pier when I fished with the SENY boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

That's a good way of looking at it.. I have bow hangers all over the woods 20-30' in the air that I either meant to go back to, forgot, or was just to lazy to trek back  with a stand..

Maybe I will have to up my game .Leaving something  more valuable..lol

Lol. I dropped the ladder ,looked up and there was a bow hook , up,in the tree . I also had to cut the ratchet strap as it was to tight and rusted to loosen .

• Like 1

Probably the most expensive thing I lost. But luckily found it later was my $1000 phone. . I took it out and checked the time. Yeap ,4:45, plenty of time..   Somehow it didn't go into a s3cure pocket and it wasn't there when I got to my spot.  You know how difficult it is to backtrack yourself a mile, in  an area you've never been before. I think it was more luck than skill that I found it..

2 hours ago, ncountry said:

I would love to use one of those but not legal on stateland.  I have one for the only small piece of private I hunt or i just bring a screw in step. However they have a bunch of valuable trees so if I'm in one I hold my bow.  Not giving any chance to ruin the timber on someone else land.

• Like 1