'19 bow buck euro

doebuck1234

Started a little DIY project this past weekend and have tinkered a bit after work each day.by no means is this thing perfect and by no means do i know wood working,obviously:rofl:.had buried my 2019 bow buck in back yard and just dug it up 2 weeks ago,picked clean.gave it a quick power wash and soak 2 days in oxy.could have spent more time/reading to do it properly but wasnt looking for a bleach white as i dont mind a rustic/rough look and is my first attempt.grabbed a slab of scrap wood from work/plastic delrin to hang skull and put the router to work.slapped a coat of gunstock stain,tacked tag n hang.simple and works for me!!!!!!

20210801_172833.jpg

20210802_173110.jpg

20210804_174500.jpg

20210804_180818.jpg

20210804_180727.jpg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Looks good, I simmer em and pressure wash as well. Makes it so much easier and faster. Just messy! I wear my waders lol. 

Was thinking about simmer method but dont have a pot i can use.hung it on wall and fiance said god that looks creepy:rofl:.will keep it in mind for next time

How many psi is your pressure washer?  I can skip the pot and simmer with the 3100 psi one that I use.  I have done about a dozen with it and they all came out pretty good.  None has any detectable smell but I do leave them out in the barn a while after I finish just in case one ever does.

I usually skin the head first with a sharp knife, then put on a rain suit (it is messy) and pressure wash on a concrete pad.  That takes about a half hour to do a thorough job. Birds and vermin always have all the mess cleaned up by the following day.  

Edited by wolc123

6 hours ago, wolc123 said:

How many psi is your pressure washer?  I can skip the pot and simmer with the 3100 psi one that I use.  I have done about a dozen with it and they all came out pretty good.  None has any detectable smell but I do leave them out in the barn a while after I finish just in case one ever does.

I usually skin the head first with a sharp knife, then put on a rain suit (it is messy) and pressure wash on a concrete pad.  That takes about a half hour to do a thorough job. Birds and vermin always have all the mess cleaned up by the following day.  

Id guess half that psi,ill have to look later.really old electric one i have laying around that works when it feels like it haha

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got a stanky euro i cant bring inside, I wonder if soaking in Oxy Clean would help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Should help break down the grime id think?was surprised on how much crap was floating in bucket after the 2 day soak

• Thanks 1

I simmer mine for hours and pick them as clean as I can. A little dawn in the water helps degrease it a bit. If I had a pressure washer I'd only simmer a little while then blast it. You need a higher psi gas one for that though. Like you, I prefer the more natural look over bleach white. Had to borrow a huge pot to do my moose! And it still wasn't big enough, had to flip it over and do it again!fb2eca36167b2150b4e81a75a3207297.jpgb3eda1f506b57f20b2177996564efe57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3