Please help to identify this

I can't see close enough to tell whether these have thorns on them or not. But from the general shape and color of them I would say it is something we call thornapple (hawthorne I believe). If that's what it is they should have thorns on them that are about 1 to 2 inches long and sharp as needles.

I can't see close enough to tell whether these have thorns on them or not. But from the general shape and color of them I would say it is something we call thornapple (hawthorne I believe). If that's what it is they should have thorns on them that are about 1 to 2 inches long and sharp as needles.

Yep... I have them all over my property. Just removed about a half acre or so for a food plot. The thorns are a nightmare!!!

Looks like hawthorn esp if has thorns, control it a little if you need acess to area, fruit is great for turkey,grouse,deer, and bear, and a bunch of other small game!! If no thorns may be one of several kinds of dogwood, will have either white or bluish purple berries with large pit. again can be food source but cut them down if need be.

Edited by G-Man